Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AX pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Bruce gave me. Here's a stock 914. The guy works it hard. Wanna see more?
ChrisReale
More, more ,more. I was talking with that guy last month, and he was saying he wanted/needed sway bars!
J P Stein
OK. Funny how this wurks,eh?
J P Stein
And
Charles Deutsch
Doesn't look like it was rainin' ...
Ferg
Doh! I hate it when I turn those wipers on by accident. laugh.gif
More pics, More pics
J P Stein
Nopers, it don't rain around here no mo.
J P Stein
One more teaser, then I gatta go to wurk
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 25 2003, 12:43 PM)
Doh! I hate it when I turn those wipers on by accident.

"pull wiper fuse #6" is on my pre-track checklist; "replace wiper fuse" is on the post-event checklist ...
on 914's the horn is pretty easy to get into too - with the stock wheel. not a factor on my car tho ...
J P Stein
Ok, I'm back. Howza bout some pics for the night shift. Lessee, what we gots......Ah, Jim Chambers at speed....prolly gettin' ready to spin it laugh.gif

Gasp......air under that inside tire.....he's doomed
J P Stein
Another? OK. I like this one.
J P Stein
Here i something you don't see every day.....cause there are (according to the owner) only 7 of em'.
A stock 73 911 S....sportomatic.
J P Stein
Jus one more. When the flag drops.........
rhodyguy
good picts jp. usually i get the tail lights. any of you fellas going to come north on sat? i-5 does run both directions.

kevin
redshift
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Aug 25 2003, 04:39 PM)
More, more ,more.  I was talking with that guy last month, and he was saying he wanted/needed sway bars!

He needs them so he can get his car counting like a horse.

Hard driver, like JP.

Your car is too cool JP.

M
rhodyguy
took a re-look. what's the deal with the front trunk on the blue 911?

kevin
"living in bifocal hell"
redshift
The hood is unlatched. The air in a closed trunk is heavy.

M
rhodyguy
i should think that could get very interesting, very quickly.

kevin
joesfly
bootyshake.gif How was the video this time?
J P Stein
No video. I was up to my ass in alligators. Had the camera & the mount was attached, so I wuz ready, but...If I'd have gotten a clean run early, I could have
thought of somethin else.

Got the results today. Here's the top 10

1m LADY 194 PAM EAMES 2001 BOXSTER 62.850
2m 3,5L 94 CURTIS EAMES 2001 BOXSTER 62.997
3m 3,5L 4 PAUL STEIN 1974 914-6 63.414
4m 3,5L 2 JOEL SIEGERSMA 1966 911 65.316
5 9,9L 13 ED LAPLANTE 1995 CAMARO 65.988
6m 9,9L 93 KEITH MARTIN 1980 928 66.023
7m 4,5L 23 STEVE GERMANY 2002 996 CAB 66.035
8 3,5L 89 CHAD EDWARDS 1974 911 66.237
9m 3,5L 1 DAVE NANCE 1985 911 CAB 66.375
10m 4,5L 28 TIM LARSEN 1997 C2S 67.617
Brad Roberts
Beaten by a lady in a Boxster. I'm ashamed. I disown you as my dad.

B
Jeroen
Well, at least he wasn't beaten by his WIFE like the guy who came in second biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
J P Stein
"Men are such pigs"

The male Eames had a cone on his fast run......We only knock off one second per.....gotta fix that.
When Pam shows up, ya'll better put your ego in your back pocket.

Here's a sample:
1m LADY 194 PAM EAMES 2001 BOXSTER 63.069+DNF 64.008 63.235 > 62.850

* 2m 3,5L 4 PAUL STEIN 1974 914-6 68.569+DNF 65.829+3 64.998+DNF > 63.414

And she was in the first run group...as was I.
J P Stein
A pic of the Boxster....not an S. The duo runs SCCA B stock & like to go to Kansas in the fall.
J P Stein
Kevin:

I can't make it up there Sat. A family gathering AND several fishing trips are going to get in the way.

Maybe the Sept 27 jobbie will work.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 26 2003, 04:28 AM)
took a re-look. what's the deal with the front trunk on the blue 911?

914s aren't the only cars that flex... I've seen more early 911 front trunks pop open the first latch when on-course! Last time I was running, we didn't even bother to red-flag them any more. Just tell them to re-latch when they get back to grid.

--DD
ChrisReale
I remember that red Boxster from the July 20th event. That is a duo worthy of praise. Very smooth drivers, amke it look like it is a breeze
J P Stein
Humm, lessee what else we got.
Ah, Kevin had his race rubber on and laid one on me that day.....by a tenth, as I recall.
Brad Roberts
Jesus.. what size rear tires are those ?? 10's ??

B
J P Stein
Dunno, but they're fat fuckers. laugh.gif

More wide rubber, Tom Kotzian & his Zought6.
Kumhos in front & Hoosiers in the rear.....cause Kuhmo don't make anything big enuff....says he.
J P Stein
Then there's skinny rubber.
I think it's leaned over farther than the other shot....and the rain musta stopped. laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
I got a bunch of movies from this last AX. I'm having trouble with my camera program and downloading is iffy. I got 6 so far with about 6 more to go. Movies are great.
JP, as soon as I compile all the pics & vids I'll burn ya a copy.
bruce
J P Stein
You were at the sweeper at the West end, right?

I may have boogered up the rest of the course, but the run into that , clear around to the Chicago box, was the most fun I've had at an AX. I was SMOKIN' thru there....well, for me. rolleyes.gif It was a 914 section.
Bruce Allert
I watched one of you driv'n tonight where you smoked a weee bit too much and the tail got a bit slipp'ry rolleyes.gif But... you pulled it out really nice smilie_pokal.gif and went on to make the hard left sweeper and into the finish gate. Got a good one of the red boxster too. Man they were smoooooooth beerchug.gif
bruce
Bruce Allert
Here's 2 pics of JP twist'n da wheel MDB2.gif
Bruce Allert
da udder pic

bruce
J P Stein
Ahem....yes, there I am cutting inside a gate.....the next two cones were the correct spot for that left hander.....shit....I only did it twice....2 passes down the tubes.

It's nice to see you post your own pics, Bruce. You're a wonderful photographer and prolly better at selecting which of your pics to post than am I....so do it often, damnit. smile.gif
Bruce Allert
And this was YER course JP:lol: Now I don't feel so bad cuz that's what I did the first time around rolleyes.gif
Ok, so here's a bunch from this last AX.
this is that red Box that took top time with the gurl driver
Bruce Allert
and another gurl driver that's faster'nshit!
Bruce Allert
then... how 'bout a V8?
Bruce Allert
staged
Bruce Allert
and let see... what else? Oh ya a white 911
Bruce Allert
Here's a 911 Wave
ChrisReale
Lord! Is there a sway-bar drought in Oregon? laugh.gif
J P Stein
Jim (the 9eleben guy)has new black stickeybuns.....and learning that they have..ah....consequences.
Brad Roberts
JP's car is the ONLY flat car in the pics...

He must know what he is doing.

B
Brad Roberts
Since I have NO money to road race... it looks like my thrills will have to come from AutoX'ing. I'll sling the black car around a few times before I sell it.

B
J P Stein
We, in Portland, are between the rock & hard spot.

All the venues we use are rough as hell....Brad, you know bout the pro pits.

If the springs or roll stiffenss is too great, one jumps from bump to bump. One sweeper that is ALWAYS a feature in the pro pits has ridges that run at an angle to the direction of travel. Stiff roll bars throw the car all over hell & gone. Maintaining contact with the asphalt seems to be the challenge. As I mentioned before, the hardcore guys are spending big bucks on shocks.

That sweeper the 9eleben is going thru is smooth and the surface has good grip.....doan how it got into the mix. blink.gif There's a couple of drain grates that ya gotta build the turn around, tho. I sure hope Bruce got some good vids there...I was havin' fun in that section.

I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone, but most of theses guys are driving their street cars. I took and old fart 968 driver for a ride. He said "My car will never be this fast". I had to tell him that the car was built to do one thing well.....ain't worth shit at anything else.....and I ain't done yet laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 29 2003, 12:30 AM)
I sure hope Bruce got some good vids there...I was havin' fun in that section.

I took and old fart 968 driver for a ride. He said "My car will never be this fast". I had to tell him that the car was built to do one thing well.....ain't worth shit at anything else.....and I ain't done yet laugh.gif

Yuppers.... got really good vids of you JP. Yer car IS the fastest on the vids. When you watch you can really see the explosion of speed from yer car when coming out of a corner onto a straight. Compared to the red Box that took top time... no comparison. Yer EF'n FASTASSOMBICHY smilie_pokal.gif
bruce
J P Stein
I'm looking forward to seeing the vids.....drooling, actually.

I don't like the wurd "explosion" when refering to my car laugh.gif. My motor leads a hard life. I am pleasently surprised that it's hanging in there. It is my first 911 engine rebuild and I have built motors that.... haven't lasted this long,...and they were treated better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.