Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Woohoo!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
This honkey almost went to the afterlife. I just got my 944 into a 480ยบ spin near work. The reason I dislike ass-heavy cars... Taking a left turn in 2nd at 15mph and the rear end breaks and spins around on me! I didn't fight it... just take my hands off the wheel and tap the brakes until it slowed to a stop. I was tempted to get out, do a little dance as the people on the other side of the intersection had the OMG blink.gif of suprise faces and some were clap.gif ... Ah well, turns in 1st until I get some fuzions on it...
Aaron Cox
fun!

glad you didnt spank a curb....
that makes phone dials cry tongue.gif

AA
Toast
Glad you didnt smack someone else even worse, break something on the car.
Brian Mifsud
Hi All,

I'm new to San Diego/Southern Cal. Am told that there hasn't been much rain for the last 5 years. Watching how close people were tailgating on 5 kinda confirms that....

driving in rain is an aquired skill............ be safe out there.....

Mark Henry
QUOTE (Brian Mifsud @ Jan 2 2006, 05:37 PM)
Hi All,

I'm new to San Diego/Southern Cal. Am told that there hasn't been much rain for the last 5 years. Watching how close people were tailgating on 5 kinda confirms that....

I'd like to see them in the snow laugh.gif

My wife could drive circles around you cali boys in the snow. wink.gif

4 wheel drifting is fun biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Jan 2 2006, 03:28 PM)
Hi All,

I'm new to San Diego/Southern Cal.  Am told that there hasn't been much rain for the last 5 years.  Watching how close people were tailgating on 5 kinda confirms that....

we drive our teeners year round.....

who has it better biggrin.gif
Dead Air
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 2 2006, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Jan 2 2006, 03:28 PM)
Hi All,

I'm new to San Diego/Southern Cal.  Am told that there hasn't been much rain for the last 5 years.  Watching how close people were tailgating on 5 kinda confirms that....

we drive our teeners year round.....

who has it better biggrin.gif

[QUOTE]

Whoa There!! I gotta back up my northern neighbor! All cars are fun in the snow! biggrin.gif

Back near the Adirondacks it would snow for about three or four days straight and there would be a nice two inch pack on the roads. While going about forty one day (on a country road) all I did was drive into the shade of some evergreens and the back end broke loose. I think we did a "720".
We were in a '67 Falcon (1st car) and Scott was riding shotgun with his fingernails digging into the steel of the dash board. ohmy.gif !
I was swinging the wheel like crazy with the gas all the way to the floor.
"Krumph" into a bis ass snow bank we went!! Fresh ones are soft!
Scott got out checking if he'd pissed hisself!

LMAO biggrin.gif

We used to have so much fun!!
Hybrid_Teener
yeah, you tell 'em, Mark! My dog could... ehh nevermind

4-wheel drifting is VERY fun!

<-- Land of Snow
TINCAN914
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Jan 2 2006, 02:28 PM)
Hi All,

Driven in the snow (Colorado), it's over rated...... I will take the sunny (sometimes rainy) California weather any day.
biggrin.gif

Glad your ok Brando.. boldblue.gif
alpha434
I live in colorado and mine 914 is my primary vehicle.

Last time it snowed my wheels broke loose and i had no control for a hundred yards in heavy traffic- black ice in my lane. I just turned the wheel against the spin and gave it a little gas and then turned my wheel against the new spin and gave it a little gas. Stupid suvs all around me.

Not only kept the car from spinning, but i kept it in my lane too.

The OMG look was classic, and my friend John had a death grip on the door handle...
dmenche914
i did a 540 degree spin on freeway ramp, curbs on both sides, and was able to negogiate the 90 degree turn in the ramp, without once touching the curb. Of course it was in a 914. Lots of fun.
Eddie Williams
QUOTE (Brando @ Jan 2 2006, 02:50 PM)
The reason I dislike ass-heavy cars...

Wasn't the 944 like 51/49 or something like that? I used to own one and thought I read somewhere that the front engine rear tranny configuration made it almost a perfect 50/50 weight ditribution.
Brando
I'm not sure what the weight-distribution is, but it is WAY too easy to break the rear-end loose on that car. Even my 924 it was easy too -- same intersection 3 years ago, dry.gif

So, now I have new wheels on the way (thanks nyneone4! 2 of my phone dials are bent) and will be getting some new fuzions on there asap. Especially since it will probably be wet for the next few weeks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.