Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Brake Light/Buzzer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
3d914
Hey guys (& gals) - hows everyone doing? Ya ready for 2006? Well its here anyway.

Just replaced brake pads & reset the clearance on rear calipers. Now the p-brake dash light/buzzer stays on all the time (except when using the blinkers). I pulled the p-brake switch and tried grounding the wire to see if that would close the circuit, but nope!

Is it possible that the switch at the master cylinder needs adjusted? I thought that only affected the rear brake lights themselves.

Enjoy your 2006
TravisNeff
Reset the switch and you should be good to go.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Jan 2 2006, 04:28 PM)
Reset the switch and you should be good to go.

agree.gif little switch on the MC
3d914
Hey guys - thanks,

I'm going to have to ask you to be a little more specific. I have the MC switch adjusted so that the rear brake lights come on when the peddle travels an inch or so. Tested it and its working OK.

How does this affect the P-brake dash light/buzzer?

Shouldn't grounding the brown wire for the p-brake close the circuit and shut off the dash light?

Thanks again,
TravisNeff
turn your steering wheel to full lock to the right, behind the drivers side wheel you can reach in and get to your MC, next to the wires going to the MC there is a push-in switch. Press it in and it resets the brake warning light.
3d914
Thanks Travis,

I just remembered that everytime I do the brakes I've forgotten this. Add to it that my MC doesn't have the switch - seems to make it easier to forget - I have to pull the single lead. Gotta love gettin older.

Enjoy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.