Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let it snow!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
It's good for me that it has waited this long to snow since I finally got around today to putting tarps over the cars.
ThinAir
So let it snow! I didn't see if the Rose Parade actually got any rain, but the forcast was for this storm to swing far enough South to get S. CA and Arizona. Let's hope so... I'm ready!
shelby/914
Hope all three are projects and that the nice yellow one is in the garage where it should be. My cars PO did considerable damage to the paint using a blue poly. It was outside and not running one spring so he covered it up instead of pushing it back inside when it started snowing. The wind came up and really bounced the cover around. Now the paint is scratched up on both sides from the grommets. Tie them down tight and ave a nice winter.
ThinAir
Yup. The nice yellow one gets driven every day, rain or shine, that the roads are not snow packed (meaning unsafe or coated with rust enhancing chemicals). The one behind it is my son's '70 that runs, but needs work - including paint. The three in the back yard are my son's wrecked '73, my mid-restoration '72 that is just a shell, and a new-to-me '74 roller that will hopefully be the recipient of the parts from Mike's '73.

I have too many cars! biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
ironically, i'm a little jealous ernie. it was another 60+ degree day in denver today and i drove around topless again. but i kinda wish it would snow here sad.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jan 2 2006, 08:12 PM)
ironically, i'm a little jealous ernie. it was another 60+ degree day in denver today and i drove around topless again. but i kinda wish it would snow here sad.gif

just dont post pics barf.gif

wink.gif

b
Mike9142.0
But you missed a 914 laugh.gif
ThinAir
Naw... this one doesn't need a tarp. It's got a big drain hole where the center tunnel used to be!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Jan 2 2006, 09:52 PM)
Naw... this one doesn't need a tarp. It's got a big drain hole where the center tunnel used to be!

yard art ™ or lawn ornaments ™
ThinAir
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 2 2006, 09:58 PM)
yard art ™ or lawn ornaments ™

What you can't see is the '77 VW camper bus tucked in next to the carport. I'm thankful that I live in a neighborhood with practical neighbors who don't care - and no home owner's association!
Mike9142.0
Naw... this one doesn't need a tarp.  It's got a big drain hole where the center tunnel used to be!

I wonder if it will fold in half from all the snow?
ThinAir
QUOTE (Mike9142.0 @ Jan 2 2006, 10:23 PM)
Naw... this one doesn't need a tarp.  It's got a big drain hole where the center tunnel used to be!

I wonder if it will fold in half from all the snow?

A foldable 914 is easier to dispose of biggrin.gif
ThinAir
WooHoo! It finally snowed!
ThinAir
I was late getting them bundled up for the winter, and then it took forever to snow, but in the end it's worth it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.