Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: more L-jet problems...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
well, after struggling with my 1.8 for the last four months trying to get it running, it still sits there... headbang.gif my most recent problem.... i made a fuel pump bypass wire, grounded to the body, and plugged into the relay board. It worked great... i left for the day, and unplugged the wire.... when i came back to try again, when i went to plug the wire back in, it touched the yellow wire coming from the FI harness, and i think it shorted something out, because now when i use the bypass wire, it wont run the pump... the dual relay also get very hot, which it never did before.... what did i screw up?? i just feel like giving up on this car... dead horse.gif
bd1308
why do you need the bypass wire...

the yellow wire should go into this plug-in. check the relay.

you should *NOT* need the bypass wire.

the dual relay shouldnt get hot, but two accounts have been heard about it getting hot, so maybe tomorrow i'll feel my relay (in the car) to see if its hot.

b
grasshopper
my yellow wire was plugged into the same spot the one in the pic was in unsure.gif and i plugged the bypass wire into the plug on the top left, that is when the two wires touched, and sparks and crap went everywhere, and that is where my new problem happend.... i even changed the relay board thinking that was the problem.. headbang.gif
bd1308
yeah change that. pin II. It works perfectly.

did you blow a fuse?

b
grasshopper
i replaced both fuses, and changed all the relays.... i'll change the wire tomorrow.... the garage is about 100 yards from the house....and i have a lake in between the house and the garage because of all the rain... mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.