Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: trouble tunning carb need help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Next GenRacing
Okay i am pretty experianced in FI tuning, i have built a couple of little 4 cyl. turbos, with standalones, but i have never really worked on carbs other then just turning the a/f screw on an old dirtbike or something.

my dad just got a 914 1.8 and it has a carb on it, the problem is that it runs super rich. i will turn the screw all the way out and it doesn't really change how it runs. i can also screw it all the way in and no change. (btw it is a single carb application)

also i'm sure this is also related to how rich it is running but it has zero power on the high way, i have to floor it to keep it up to speed.

i have yet to hook my wideband up to it, to get the exact numbers. if you think that would help i can get them.

if there is anyone on here that can help me at least get this thing drivable i would be very greatful.

thanks
Danny

lapuwali
First, if it has A carb on it (singular), then you're already in trouble, as the single carb setups are very difficult to tune, esp. when it's cold. You generally have to tune them fairly rich just to get them to run decently at all.

Turning the screws only affects idle mixture. It does zippo for mixture once the throttle is opened more than a tad. Beyond that, you have to start looking at the idle and main jets.

The best thing to do with the single carb setups is take them off and fit EFI.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.