Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where is the master cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ventilator01
I am very new to the 914, just brought it home today. I have a brake light flashing and in another post was told someone might not have reset the master cylinder after bleeding the brakes, I went to check but so far have not found the master cylinder.. is it under the car?
thx
steve
winterkornj
Yes, under the car is a cover that hides the steering rack and the master cylinder.
lapuwali
It's directly in front of your feet while you're in the car. Jack up the front, and there should be a cover between the front A-arms. Remove this cover, and you'll see the steering rack and the master cylinder. The reset button will be on the side, under a rubber cover. Do not just leave this cover off afterwards. Two of the bolts that hold the cover in place also stablize the crosstube that connects the front suspension to the car, and also holds the steering rack.
ventilator01
Thx for the advice, will get under it this weekend.. already thinking of selling this.
SirAndy
QUOTE (ventilator01 @ Jan 3 2006, 03:56 PM)
Thx for the advice, will get under it this weekend.. already thinking of selling this.

man, you give up quick! laugh.gif
SLITS
If you have no problem with your brakes, the flashing light could be the switch under the parking handbrake handle is not being fully depressed. Pretty common for the the handle to be looserusty enough to miss the switch.....
ventilator01
Will look at that this weekend too.
SLITS
All you have to do is go turn the key on....stick your hand down on the cross member and push the switch down (it's the same as the door switch). Light goes out...problem solved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.