Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 lug bolt pattern size/spacing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dougcoup
I am trying to sell 15 x 7 4 lugs off my 914 but the guy intrested wants them for a non porsche application.

Does anyone have an idea what the bold spacing is on the 4 lugs?

inches or mm

thanks
Doug wub.gif
ArtechnikA
4x130mm

like no other car made...
(ok - that's a little excessively bleak...)

4-bolt (IRS) VW's used that pattern too - with different offsets.
which makes sense, if you believe the 914/4 (VW Type 47) is an IRS VW in the rest of the world. if you don't believe that, then it's probably just a strange coincidence :-)
dmenche914
yeah same as the later model air cooled Bugs, Ghia, etc.... The early air cooled cars used a wide five lug pattern.
Mueller
the centerbore on the 4 lugs is 78.6mm for a little bit more info thrown your way...

for backspacing, just measure the distance from the hub face to the lip of the wheel.

lapuwali
The very same "wide 5 lug pattern" also used on the 356, the 911, the 912, the...
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jan 3 2006, 06:55 PM)
The very same "wide 5 lug pattern" also used on the 356, the 911, the 912, the...

nah...

the 5x130mm "disk brake" pattern started with the 356C.

no 900-series car carried the drum-brake pattern ...
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Jan 3 2006, 02:55 PM)

Not all that many drum brake 911s out there, but I guess it's possible ............
The Cap'n
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Jan 3 2006, 03:11 PM)
4x130mm

like no other car made...
(ok - that's a little excessively bleak...)

4-bolt (IRS) VW's used that pattern too - with different offsets.
which makes sense, if you believe the 914/4 (VW Type 47) is an IRS VW in the rest of the world. if you don't believe that, then it's probably just a strange coincidence :-)

laugh.gif strange coincidence.... funny.

Passats also. cool.gif

heres some 4x130's you won't see every day...

carrol shelby made them....

on samba.com

http://207.58.142.82/vw/classifieds/detail...l.php?id=188573
bernbomb914
post pics, maybe there is a buyer here. what brand and style?
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (dougcoup @ Jan 3 2006, 03:09 PM)
I am trying to sell 15 x 7 4 lugs off my 914 but the guy intrested wants them for a non porsche application.

Does anyone have an idea what the bold spacing is on the 4 lugs?

inches or mm

thanks
Doug wub.gif

or 5.117 inches = 130mm =-)

dmenche914
356's thru the B model used the VW wide five pattern, the 356 C was four wheel disc, and used the narrow 5 lug pattern as found on the early 911 cars, and the 914-6 cars. VW switched to the narrow 4 pattern likely when they started putting disc front brakes on Ghias, as the wide five didn't fit discs to well. One ponders why VW (and hence the 914-4) didn't use the same narrow five pattern as the 356C used back in 1965. That would have saved the need for five lug conversions of our 914-4's. My guess is that four was cheaper than five, and the four was considered enough for a VW's power.

dougcoup
Thanks guys.

Won't fit his application 280Z Datzun
I thought these fit other euro cars from that era too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.