Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributor cap part number
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Roger D.
The distr. cap on my stock '74 - 2.0 has a number on it: 044. Does that mean anything special? I want to buy a new cap but I've heard there's more than one kind. Could someone please explain what the "dizzy" is? Thanks.
r_towle
I dont know if there is actually more than one cap left that is being produced...

Just go to the autoparts store, tell them what you have and they will give you a bosch dizzy cap.

Rich
Dave_Darling
"Dizzy" == shorthand for "distributor".

There is only one stock part number listed for all four-cylinder 914 distributor caps: 113 905 207 C .

Note that it is a VW Type I (Bug or similar) part number.

--DD
Roger D.
Ok...thanks for the info. Any suggestions about replacing spark plug wires? Bosch, Beru, etc, ? I've heard that 912 wires are perfect for 914's. What about the companies that sell them in blue, yellow, red, black? Are these good ones?

Cap'n Krusty
Bosch part number 03 010 for the cap, 04 033 or 04 038 for the rotor, and the wires could be Prenco, Beru, or Bosch to fit a 912. I don't care for the Bosch much. The hi bux aftermarket wires are probably fine, but unnecessary, IMO. Points are 01 011. If you want a rev limiting rotor, the number is 1 234 332 303. I like those. More dollars, though. AVOID any other brands of caps, rotors, and points! The Cap'n
blitZ
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 4 2006, 10:02 AM)
Bosch part number 03 010 for the cap, 04 033 or 04 038 for the rotor, and the wires could be Prenco, Beru, or Bosch to fit a 912. I don't care for the Bosch much. The hi bux aftermarket wires are probably fine, but unnecessary, IMO. Points are 01 011. If you want a rev limiting rotor, the number is 1 234 332 303. I like those. More dollars, though. AVOID any other brands of caps, rotors, and points! The Cap'n

Just a few days after reading this thread...

I'm driving back from picking up my daughter, engine stumbles to a stop. I pop open the hood and start poking around. Low and behold (whatever that means), the dizzy cap is loose and the rotor button insides are stripped. I'll definitely replace both with Bosch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.