Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: In Chicago on nights of 13/14/15
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschecb
Anybody want to meet up? My brother and I will be staying a mile from the Midway airport no rental car /doing the cab thing. beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif chowtime.gif w00t.gif drunk.gif
porschecb
Whats up? Are you going to tell me that know can meet me on at least one of the three nights I am going to be in Chicago? Ok I will bribe you. The first one who shows up for any night gets dinner on me (will talk about what that might be but I am sure it will include steak) Come on!!!!!!!! Show me the BEARS fans! !!!! By the way I am from Chicago!!!!! You have never seen two of the most avid BEARS fan ever!!! (not to mention this is costing a hell of alot of money in the firest place) Are you in or are you out??????????

Michael
GaroldShaffer
If I was in town that weekend I would be there, but wife has family stuff to do. dry.gif
porschecb
Well at least there is someone alive in IL. Thanks!!
porschecb
I may bump this till someone responds!!!!!!!!! or untill I piss everybody off! ohmy.gif dry.gif wink.gif wacko.gif smile.gif mad.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif w00t.gif drunk.gif
porschecb
Sorry I did see IN.
porschecb
Me again. wavey.gif
auggie91420
Mike,

If the game is on Sunday, come on up to Roscoe Village on the North Side on Saturday if you're looking to kill time. Easy Orange/Brown Line trip from the airport. I'm heading out of town on Sunday, so that won't work. Always glad to BS about 914's and da Bears. Let me know after the football schedule sorts out this weekend.
porschecb
Thanks. I will let you know!!!!!!!!
porschecb
Bump!!!!! mueba.gif
porschecb
Bump!!! beer3.gif chowtime.gif
ChicagoChris
I might be convinced to meet you on the north side with Chris M if you think you can make it. beer3.gif

porschecb
I wasn't looking to take bus tour of Chicago. So how far are we talking to get the the north side from the midway airport? (miles & time wise).
ChicagoChris
About the same for me to make it to Roscoe Village from where I live. If you are at or near Midway then it is an easy train ride into the downtown. It would be the same trains you could take to the game. If that isn't an option or Chris M can't make it then I can still make the effort to get to the south side.
driving.gif
porschecb
I have not been to Chicago in many many years so I do not know about taking trains to get around not to mention taking one to the game from Midway. unsure.gif I will do some searching on the web to see whats up.

Thanks

Michael
qa1142
I am way North - 2 hrs to Midway confused24.gif

Too far. If you want to drive North we could see where to meet.

Sorry

Will
auggie91420
Mike, back in town, the game's on Sunday, so the Saturday offer's out there to come up, check out the 914, and grab a beer or two. The north side has better options than the area immediately surrounding the airport. You also have the advantage of knowing how you'll get to the game on Sunday. Like ChicagoChris mentioned, the Orange Line is the way to go.

The cheapest way to get up here is the Orange Line from Midway airport, transfer at State & Van Buren to the Brown Line, get off at the Paulina stop. That's 2 bucks and about 1 hour, www.cta.org. Otherwise, a cab is $32 plus tip, and about 1/2 hour. The "EL's" actually pretty easy. The Brown Line train shares the same track, you just get off and wait for a train with the Brown sign on it (it says Kimball).

Another option is to skip the 914 and meet downtown at the Roosevelt stop on the Orange Line, which is where you get off for the Bears game. Right around the corner, on the east side of Wabash just south of Roosevelt (100 yards from the "EL" stop, is the Wabash Tap, a big Bears hangout.

Let me know what you want to do. I can always PM you with exact directions. Let's see who else we can get.
porschecb
Thanks!!! I learned about the train trip on line, looks like a simple deal. We will land at 5.48 Fri. check in and Sat. is open for sure. Will be in touch. Thanks!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.