Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look What Followed Me Home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gregrobbins
1995 Porsche 968 Cabriolet, one of 366 imported that year.
Allan
Stop by and gimme a ride...

Looks cool...
Jeroen
very nice smilie_pokal.gif

is it a manual 6 or a tiptronic?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jan 3 2006, 09:51 PM)
very nice smilie_pokal.gif

is it a manual 6 or a tiptronic?

guessing auto...
redshift
Baby guppy!

M
TravisNeff
Looks good, does this mean you wills top eating cheese out of a tube and wine out of a box, er what? wacko.gif
GWN7
Transplant material?
gregrobbins
It is the Tiptronic. First time I had ever driven one and felt like a F1 driver banging in and out of gears at will. Oddly, we looked quite awhile to find an automatic as most came with the six speed manual transmission. Wanted something Susan could drive too.

After getting home, I had to take LIME94 out and terrorize a (empty) school parking lot. The 968 is a Grand Touring vehicle, like the 928. It should be a good car for traveling. I don’t ever expect it to autocross or do DE events.

The local PCA types are quite cool about 914s. Three of the four club officers have teeners, as do the guys in charge of Autocross and Driver’s Education events.

Boxed wine and cheese from a tube would be a step up given some of the food served at their meetings. biggrin.gif

But, hey, it is about the cars....
jasons
Good Choice Greg! Welcome to the 16 Ventiler club.
bryanc
QUOTE (gregrobbins @ Jan 3 2006, 08:36 PM)
1995 Porsche 968 Cabriolet, one of 366 imported that year.

Beautiful. I always liked the way the Cabs look in the 944/968 cars.

Good luck getting to drive it after you let your wife drive. Ask me how I know blink.gif
Flat VW
Wow, looks sharp Greg! smilie_pokal.gif ,

John wavey.gif

P.S. Congrats to Susan (despite her 'feelings' on the aesthetics of 914s') dry.gif

The Tiptronic will be big fun for both of you. driving.gif driving-girl.gif
neo914-6
drooley.gif Nice score, did you get it for under $20k?
Root_Werks
That is my wife's dream car. wub.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Hay Greg: Ask Susan if I can have one to.

Dave slap.gif
MoveQik
Congrats Greg. Don't forget....YOU NOW HAVE A RADIATOR TO CHECK. biggrin.gif

Oh....and the engine is in a wierd spot too. huh.gif
jim912928
Very nice looking car....you are now part of the wasser-pumper crowd!..welcome aboard!

Jim

carr914
Good job, I like the white. I had a white 944, the last thing I worried about was the paint. Good in your climate too.

T.C.
azbill
I bumped into Sue and Greg at Walgreens last night - They both had VERY large biggrin.gif after seeing the new addition I could undstand why ohmy.gif . Even at night the car looked great smilie_pokal.gif . Greg when am I going to a ride?

Congrats
Bill
gregrobbins
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Jan 4 2006, 02:19 PM)
drooley.gif Nice score, did you get it for under $20k?

In fact yes. Seems that most people who are looking for Cabriolets want the six speed manual transmission. I caught a seller who found a 993 of his dreams and had to move this car. Worked out well for both of us.
Wild 6
Good looking car Greg, but how is your wife going to learn how to drive it if she doesn't come out for a couple of autocrosses? clap.gif

P.S. I called Bryan C. last night and he did have a sway bar. So I'll be seeing both of you on Sunday at Phoenix Intl Raceway. Do you need an instructor who can slide it through NASCAR 3-4 without hitting the wall?
gregrobbins
QUOTE (Wild 6 @ Jan 5 2006, 11:37 AM)
I'll be seeing you on Sunday at Phoenix Intl Raceway. Do you need an instructor who can slide it through NASCAR 3-4 without hitting the wall?

If you want to try that trick again, no thanks. ohmy.gif

Not sure you could duplicate the move without kissing the wall. Now you have to post the details of your adventure for the rest of the board to read. laugh.gif

Wild 6
cool.gif For you, I'll be on my best "instructor" behavior. And, what happens at PIR stays at PIR.

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.