Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Boston Whaler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mr.C
With my job I get to see a whole lot of peoples hidden junk. Some good some bad. So many good deals that I have forced myself to stop looking.
There is this Boston Whaler though that I have been eyeing the last four months. It's basically out in the middle of a grape vineyard hidden behind a farmers house. It's about 23ft long and has a 175 Merc. It hasn't been registered since 93. I finally talked to the farmer and he said it was his son's. He paid 12,500 and only used it twice. I can have it for 3,500.
Just imagine a typical boat sitting out in the weather for years and you get the idea. Only reason I'm even considering it is because of the Boston's reputation and good resale. So is this a good deal? confused24.gif
bernbomb914
23' would make it a good deal if it is in good condition.

Bernie
boxstr
Is it a Conquest or Outrage?? It is definetley worth the $3500 as long as in hasn't been shot full of holes. Just remember one thing most boat owners will tell you it is nothing more than a big hole in the water to throw money in.
CCLIN2006
Mr.C
Ah! It is the Outrage. I just thought he named it that. No holes or signs of fiberglass delamination from what I could see. Thanks!
jimtab
It's a fantastic deal unless it has rust in the longs biggrin.gif
bondo
I've got a chainsaw! happy11.gif
blitZ
That's a bargain price just for the hull. If you can get the engine running after sitting all those years it's a steal. You could probably sell it for a profit at that price.
joea9146
Offer him 2500 if u agree to the 3500 right off the bat he will know he is asking to little.
Mr.C
QUOTE (joea9146 @ Jan 4 2006, 04:42 AM)
Offer him 2500 if u agree to the 3500 right off the bat he will know he is asking to little.

I was thinking the same thing. He did say at 3500 he was going to take a beating.
Now to convince the wife. When I mentioned it yesterday she immediately said "I thought you were going to fix up the 944?!" I'll just show her this post and what you guys think.
I'll have to edit this post so it may read. "My wife's cooking is great." Or some other form of ass kissing dribble. biggrin.gif
Mr.C
QUOTE (blitZ @ Jan 4 2006, 04:39 AM)
That's a bargain price just for the hull. If you can get the engine running after sitting all those years it's a steal. You could probably sell it for a profit at that price.

That's the plan. If I get the approval I'll probably have to dump another $1000 into it so it's presentable.
ppickerell
I'll take it for $3500!
URY914
Hey, Scott Peterson is looking for a bigger boat. He wants to take the jury fishing. ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.