Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stock FI on a 2056
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
I have a 2056 now with webers, but, since I know how much it is disliked to have carbs with anything resembling a stock cam, I've wondered if L-Jet or Djet can be used effectively on a 2056... if so, which is easier to obtain, maintain, and tune for a complete FI newbie?
r_towle
Djet is basically plug and play...

Send the MPS to one of the tuners here to set it up for a 2056.

The rest is just putting it in, no real tuning needed provided you have a good mps that is set up correctly.

It has been done, it is still being done and provided you have a stock cam, it works great.

Rich
bd1308
do L-jet

smile.gif

Mark Henry
Another way is to get the d-jet stuff and do a Megasquirt (or SDS, others) and have a bit more flexable system.
Dave Hunt has the maps for MS, I have the maps for SDS...so this is an option. Even with the maps I'd still borrow or buy a wide band.

I'd use a 2.0 plenum, etc., with 1.7 injectors.

I'd stick with MS or SDS just because you know for sure Dave or I would help you and we both have proven working Type 4 systems.
type47
1) SDS EM-4 looks like a good system. i think i will install that on my next engine.
2) L-jet since parts are still available. D-jet MPS's are around $6-800.
bd1308
unless you want a NOS unit, which are NLA.

b
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Jan 4 2006, 10:46 AM)
Another way is to get the d-jet stuff and do a Megasquirt (or SDS, others) and have a bit more flexable system.
Dave Hunt has the maps for MS, I have the maps for SDS...so this is an option. Even with the maps I'd still borrow or buy a wide band.

I'd use a 2.0 plenum, etc., with 1.7 injectors.

I'd stick with MS or SDS just because you know for sure Dave or I would help you and we both have proven working Type 4 systems.

is an aftermarket MS system easier for a newbie than D-jet?

I don't know if I'll do it either way, but it was just a thought... it would have to be much less than a grand before I consider it any FI system, too
Tom Perso
Run Megasquirt. smile.gif

Tom
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Tom Perso @ Jan 4 2006, 11:44 AM)
Run Megasquirt.  :)

Tom

you hush,... you started this...spank.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

is your's running MS yet?
Tom Perso
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jan 4 2006, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (Tom Perso @ Jan 4 2006, 11:44 AM)
Run Megasquirt.  :)

Tom

you hush,... you started this...spank.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

is your's running MS yet?

Heck no! That's why I'm telling you to do it so I can live vicariously thru you! smile.gif

I need an engine first. I may be building one now soon.

Tom
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Tom Perso @ Jan 4 2006, 01:30 PM)

Heck no! That's why I'm telling you to do it so I can live vicariously thru you! smile.gif

I need an engine first. I may be building one now soon.

Tom

heh, you'd probably still have your's going first... biggrin.gif
lapuwali
A D-Jet MPS doesn't have to be $800. Ones that hold vacuum show up on Ebay or here in the classifieds for a lot less than that. If they were all $800, I'd sell the 2-3 I have and buy a Tangerine header with the proceeds...

L-Jet may be a tad small for a 2056. It would work, but you'd potentially lose some top-end because of the AFM restriction, since it was sized for a 1.8.

MS or SDS using 2.0 D-Jet parts and 1.7 injectors, however, would be easy to do mechanically and electrically. I certainly hope so, anyway, since I'm planning on doing just that to my 2.2 this year. MS is a fine system if you can handle doing your own wiring and don't hate computers. If you can't stand computers and want more hand-holding, SDS is a better bet.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.