Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tranny shift rod
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
when putting the tranny into first gear, what posistion is the shift rod? The ball end rod that enters the the the case.

Also, I can't seem to find the link to Red Beard's artical on adjusting the shift linkage. Thanks for the help
Aaron Cox
first gear would pull the selector down..... and would pull it forward...

so all the way down and pointing forward
toon1
Thank's AAron, thats what I thought. Last night when I hooked up all the linkage, selecting first gear actually put it in 4th.

What am I missing?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (toon1 @ Jan 4 2006, 09:50 AM)
Thank's AAron, thats what I thought. Last night when I hooked up all the linkage, selecting first gear actually put it in 4th.

What am I missing?

easiest thing to do...

loosen the rod to shifter connection in the tunnel...

MANUALLY put teh car in second gear (middle of up down, and clicked to the back)
then put the shifter where you think second gear should be.....

tighten the screw. you will be very close... fine tune from there....
toon1
I will give it a shot.

toon1
If the shifter in the car rotates the bar the same way, won't it still want to push the shift rod up as the shifter is pushed to the left?

Sorry for the confusion, I'm new at this part
toon1
Ok now I am really confused. The shift rod that exits the tranny moves up and down, is first and reverse all the way up or all the way down?
John
Speaking from memory only,

I believe that first/reverse has the shifter (on the trans) closest to the trans with the ball forward (for first).
toon1
that would make sense, since the gear selector in the car, when pushed over to 1st and rev. wants to push the shift rod up. I'm thinking the up posistion of the shift rod (at the trans) is 4th and 5th.
Aaron Cox
damn... i was backwards on the up down part.

doing it from memory.

sorry.
AA
toon1
No problem, I think I got it figured out. Thank's for the advice on making the adjustments I will try it tonight, BTW you car looks great, my shit box should be runnung soon. Thank's again
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.