Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to buy paint by Porsche code?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lagunero
I'd like to buy automobile paint. Does anyone have a good source that sells by Porsche code or color matches? I may clear coat it, maybe not, so quality/cost doesn't have to exceed the value of my 914. TIA
Aaron Cox
ask sirandy about glausarit av-943.gif
lagunero
Okay...........so Andy.... what's up with "Glausarit"?
914GT
Your local Finishmaster will mix paint to your original code. There are several in the LA area. I've painted about a dozen cars in the last two years (including three 914s) all with DuPont Chromabase/Chromaclear from Finishmaster.
Porsche Rescue
Tower Paint (towerpaint.com) can match by number any Porsche color. They can even provide it in rattle cans (not cheap).
jflash914
Go to any PPG dealer and they can look up all Porsche colors by paint code, year, and vehicle type
lagunero
Thanks guys!
McMark
I should add the PPG code to my colors site. What color are you looking for? Any auto paint shop should be able to do it. If you're color matching don't bother with the code. Find someone with an electronic matching device. biggrin.gif
lagunero
QUOTE (McMark @ Jan 5 2006, 10:59 AM)
I should add the PPG code to my colors site.

Find someone with an electronic matching device. biggrin.gif

Hey Mark, very nice website! Out of sight, out of mind I guess. You Da' Man! I'm calling you today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.