Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 930 Tierod install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Okay... So I got a set of new Lemforder 930 Tierods en route. There any special tools I need to install these? Or since I need new Tiars should I just let my buddy at the tire & alignment shop (very knowledgeable on porsche suspensions) install these while he's got the wheels off?
URY914
I had to take my steering rack out to change mine.

But I bet it could be done with it in the car.

rhodyguy
easily done without pulling the rack. start squirting down the existing tierods ends with Areokriol a few days before you do the swap. if you've never changed them, i would consider doing the ball joints also. adj budget for an alignment.

k
KenH
Helps to have one of these.

http://www.smartracingproducts.com/pdfdocs...erod_wrench.pdf

Take some measurments so you can set the toe-in close enough to be able to drive to the alignment shop.

Ken
Aaron Cox
brandoholio

i got the TTR wrench as mentoned above
Brando
Thanks for the replies dudes! I'm going to have my alignment man put them in while I get new tiars and a 4-wheel alignment. It's been a year since my last set and alignment. Plus he's got shims to do the rear just right. It's like... What's the point of getting all that done then putting the tie-rods in afterwards? Would mess up the alignment.

The set of Tierods I got have new ball-joints already... mine currently have the rubber on them almost completely gone and are worn! I live dangerously -- no longer. After tomorrow it should handle pretty sweet, no more squishy turning.
type47
bicycle shops also use a wrench like the one in a post above. i found one at a local bike shop. just verify the wrench opening size.
rhodyguy
start spraying the retaining screw/groove nut for the ball joints TODAY!!. are you lowering the car? put in a bump steer kit too.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.