Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maxwelj
Ebay V8

Are the headlights legal on this car? Isn't there a regulation on height? (or lack thereof?)
URY914
OK lets start picking it apart. biggrin.gif

What do these turnbuckles do?
URY914
I think headlight are on a State by State basis. I don't think you would ever really find a cop that would write you up for it.

They may write you up for trying to sell a car on eBay and not at least dusting it off first. biggrin.gif
Pinepig
I like the straps that hold the water lines up, truely "custom "

user posted image
davep
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jan 5 2006, 11:17 AM)

Secures the engine from leaping out of place, like putting a lead on a puppy.
URY914
If I was selling a car I wouldn't post a picture of crappy workmanship. wacko.gif
Porcharu
I really like the plastic fuel line resting on the header. huh.gif
marks914

They are for holding the flux capacitor before going to warp.

Mark
Aaron Cox
uh..... cheasy engine bar
user posted image

Aaron Cox
looks like a 915 that is being run upside down...

wonder what oiling stuff has to be done to do that?

AA
Cap'n Krusty
In California, headlights have to be DOT approved and mounted not lower than 24" above the ground, measured at the centerline of the element. Max height is 54 inches, making that jacked up pickemup truck legal, even if his headlights are higher than the roof of your car. In fact, they may be higher than the top of some driver's heads when they're standing outside their car! The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 5 2006, 01:15 PM)

AA

Sure looks to me like the bottom is on the bottom ........... The Cap'n
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 5 2006, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 5 2006, 01:15 PM)

AA

Sure looks to me like the bottom is on the bottom ........... The Cap'n

your right.....

so he flipped the r/p....

and he still used the bottom mount of the 915....

thanks cap'n
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 5 2006, 05:15 PM)

AA

Looks like its mounted right side up to me look at the starter. I think the body kit looks pretty good. Allot nicer than a Chalon.

Does anyone know who makes it?

biggrin.gif Bob

Damn I type slow......................
DougC
I thought it looked like most everything was done with care and things looked pretty good until you guys through in the negativity sad.gif The body kit just really kills it for me though.

Doug C
Gearhead1432
barf.gif

It looks cool on the out side I geuss, but looking at the workmanship with the mechanicals makes me think that the glass work might be second rate too. How much rust do you think was just glassed over? idea.gif

Would you pay that much for a 914 that probably has more than 100lbs of bondo on it?
Andyrew
Body looks like Raco rear bumper 944 front bumper, HPH rear flares, HPH front flares molded into slant nose conversion. but I really dont know about the front flares...

Ferg
Sheesh, you guys are all starting to sound like a bunch of wine and cheese snobs biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Ferg unsure.gif
sk8kat1
QUOTE (marks914 @ Jan 5 2006, 12:22 PM)

They are for holding the flux capacitor before going to warp.

Mark

av-943.gif biggrin.gif
maxwelj
Thanks, Cap'n, for the answer to my original question. I guess I'd need to inquire here in OK if I was interested.

Do those U-bolts on the engine bar serve as motor mounts?
Andyrew
Yup.. Old style motor mounts...

This one was started over 10 years ago...
Gearhead1432
I do realy like the shape of the flared fenders. The voids where the headlighhts use to be look kind of odd to me. A full square hood might look better.

You know, it's got me thinking about those Kremer racing turbo 911/930s from the 70's. Does anyone remember those? A kremer 914 would be cool cool.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (maxwelj @ Jan 5 2006, 02:45 PM)
Do those U-bolts on the engine bar serve as motor mounts?

that type of mounting is supposedly good for up to 400hp last time I talked to Rod Simpson about his kits.......
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Gearhead1432 @ Jan 5 2006, 02:58 PM)
I do realy like the shape of the flared fenders. The voids where the headlighhts use to be look kind of odd to me. A full square hood might look better.

You know, it's got me thinking about those Kremer racing turbo 911/930s from the 70's. Does anyone remember those? A kremer 914 would be cool cool.gif

i have a 935 look 914 pic on my laptop at school//// ill post it tonight
Carlitos Way
I just love those X 1/9 air scoops!!!!
neo914-6
QUOTE (maxwelj @ Jan 5 2006, 10:51 AM)
Ebay V8

Are the headlights legal on this car? Isn't there a regulation on height? (or lack thereof?)

It appears registered so he's got away with it so far. wink.gif

It could use a few things but not a bad car. I agree the headlight cutout in the hood doesn't make sense and a molded in bumper doesn't look right unless the whole front end lifts open. The rear spoiler is subtle and unique. It could use more tire and wheel. There are some questionable features like the turnbucket engine support but you realize conversions are usually a work in progress... biggrin.gif

Finish and clean her up and it could be a nice ride.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.