Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing side window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
I have a passenger's side window that I need to replace. I have the replacement, but I don't understand the Haynes' removal steps:
1. remove door trim panel and PVC sheeting - done
2. remove the front guide channel - is this necessary?
3. position the window so that it is approximatel 4" above the upper edge of the door - done
4. remove the adjusting screw from the plastic wedge at the fron lift arm, then pull the window out of the lift bracket and out of the door - see pic, is this the bolt that needs to be remove?

So, do I need to remove the guide channel?
Is this the correct bolt to remove?

-- Rob
r_towle
you have to remove the front channel (traingle window also to gain enough room to take the window out...

The guide is held in with a small bolt near the top, and a bolt that is under the bottom of the door on the inside face...

To remove the triangle window, take the rubber off the top of the front guide channel be removing the two really small screws that hold that rubber in place...

Then grab the triangle window and pull up it might take the rubber guide with it, that is ok...

Then you will be able to remove the front guide.

I would advise removing the rear guide afterwards and replace the felt stripping in there...it prevents rattles.

Rich
watsonrx13
Thanks Rich. So, after I remove the triangle window and channel, then I only need to remove the pictured bolt and I can lift the window out?

-- Rob
r_towle
yup.
It wont fit without removing the front guide...

And that is the bolt that hold in the window...you have to slide out the rear track after you remove that bolt....

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.