Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: I need stock exhaust/cat for my turbo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Hey Gang,

I need help finding a used cat and stock exhaust for my 1988 911 Turbo. From the dealer it's ~$3500 for new parts. I currently have a GHL Heat Exchanger/Twin outlet exhaust. But I don't have the originals. I'm toying with the idea of selling her to fuel my racing habit, but I haven't decided yet. But I want the car ready to go legally if I run into the right deal for her.

I've been calling Parts Heaven and Easy here in the SF Bay Area, but nothing yet.

Any help or contacts would be appreciated....

BTW, here's a pic of her (my wife is driving her...)

Thanks,

Bill
Scott
Parts Heaven...Hayward.

23694 Bernhardt, Hayward, CA 94545

phone: 510.782.0354

fax: 510.782.0358

Tell them Scott Spencer sent you.
Brad Roberts
Um Scott... he listed Parts Heaven. They dont have anything (I called for him also)

Bill.. try AAA Small Car World in Ft. Worth Texas.

oh BTW: I think it is illegal for them to sell cats.

B
Scott
Sorry about that. Brain not functioning well this morning. Oldest boy kept me up all night.

I'd still call them back and see about the legal to sell question. They would at least know that. If it is, one way is to check out ebay.
Brad Roberts
I also found its a waste of time to call these places. Its real easy for them to tell you NO we dont have it while your on the phone.. go there.

B
seanery
i've seen cats on ebay before.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 26 2003, 10:54 AM)
I also found its a waste of time to call these places. Its real easy for them to tell you NO we dont have it while your on the phone.. go there.

it's also real easy to say go there -- PartsHeaven is just a little outside my normal commute range these days.

i used their 'parts request' form TWO WEEKS ago - haven't got so much as an acknowledgement back. guess who's NOT on my 'call first' list for future parts requests ...

(for anyone else who wants a shot, i need a 911.375.033.01 - you may sh!tcan the existing mounts to save shipping weight unless i'd pay more for that 'service' than i'd save in shipping... i want the mounting hardware, tho, so i can make sure i'm buying the right stuff when i replace it with new...)
seanery
I found universal cats HERE.

I don't know if they'll work, but they are pretty cheap.
nine14cats
Thanks for all of the help.

I was referred to a used parts place in Chicago (Part Werks) and they had a used cat they say is certified to pass smog for a 930 that cost me $200. It ships today....we'll see when it gets here if it's the right one.

For insurance...keep those suggestions coming in!

Mucho thanks again!

Bill
Brad Roberts
Oh.. man..

Try Oklahoma Foriegn also (sp) ? they have less of a bad wrap than Chicago PuckerWerks.

B
nine14cats
I paid an extra $50 for the "smoggable" cat (i.e. not rusted). Should I expect a POS part when it shows up next week?

What a pain just to find a stock exhaust part.....

I'm depressed.... sad.gif

Bill
Brad Roberts
It will probably be fine. You cant complain much... at least you found *something*.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.