Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any one confirm FAG Rear Bearing Part #'s ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Marlow
I picked up a cheap new set of FAG Bearings for my 74 and wanted to make sure they're right (don't always trust Ebay). I searched the Club and Google but can't find any mention of these fitting the 914. Can anyone confirm the part numbers for me?

545495AD

SLITS
I bought the same thing and had a friend look up the number in a FAG catalog...he indicated it was a number listed for a later 911....so we'll see when I go to install them. BTW, my box was marked with SAAB 900 81-93.

Maybe, just maybe, the canucks can't get it right......(made in Canada ya know)

Oh BTW, emailed the seller and he came back with a bunch of glibberish.
Leo Imperial
What are the numbers inscribed on the inner race face.
Also I will be pulling mine in the morning and I can check the ID and OD to see if they match. If they are the ones I saw on ebay you can't beat the price.
Marlow
Inner race is marked as follows:

FAG
545495AD
Canada
Y03 T
914Sixer
I have some of the same bearings also. I measured them with digital calipers and the sizes are correct. I set the hubs up to the bearing and they appear to be ok. This bearing is suspossed to have mulitple applications for BMW, Saab, Volvo and MB depending on the model.
Marlow
OK, a lot more digging and here's what I've discovered. The white price label looking number on the box is the SAAB part number for front wheel bearings from a 81-93 Saab 900. I used the Timken website cross reference catalog to compare the Timken part number for the Saab, 513106, to the Timken number for the Porsche 914-4, 914-6, which turns out to be 513106 also.

So it looks like the front bearings from a 81-93 Saab 900 are the same as the rear bearings on our 914's.

I did some searching and the prices online seem about the same whether you choose Saab or Porsche.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.