Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Almost done!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
Talked to my body/paint guy today and he says that paint should be going on this weekend.
I sure hope so. the beginning of the season is getting very close and I have a s@#t load of stuff to get done.
suspension
magical billet hubs
m calipers
roll bar, fire ext
reinstall all rubber and trim
install headers
install tuna can
install oil cooler
and probably a few other items.

fingers crossed wink.gif sad.gif
Trekkor
You got plenty of time clap.gif

I'm sending my car to paint in a few weeks.
Shooting for middle of Feb return.

Looking foward to your pics, Dan.

KT
Aaron Cox
roll bar? or roll cage?
DanT
Hope your painter is quicker than mine. Although I have seen his finished products on a couple of other cars, and they look great. It is going to be too pretty to put on the track...NOT!
I am anxious to get pics also. I will be taking lots of them and posting a few as I reassemble.

Are you staying with white? Good color for a track car since you can add just about any color stripe, numbers and graphics. biggrin.gif
DanT
Roll bar for now with Petty bar, Aaron.

Will add full cage when I add more HP! wink.gif
iamchappy
All done.....thats not something you hear everyday concerning teeners. biggrin.gif clap.gif

Almost.......... huh.gif
Trekkor
I'm going with a fresh coat of white.

Thinking about a pair of wide metalic red racing stripes to match the wheels.

Not likely...

KT
Allan
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jan 5 2006, 05:36 PM)
Talked to my body/paint guy today and he says that paint should be going on this weekend.
I sure hope so. the beginning of the season is getting very close and I have a s@#t load of stuff to get done.

WCC '06.

July 6,7 & 8th..

Get er done and we will PARTY!!!!
seanf123
who is painting your car?
DanT
It is a guy that works full time at a body shop in the same complex as my Porsche mechanic. Mechanic has been working on my cars since 1990.
The painter/body guy has a shop of his own where he does side jobs.
After I get the car back I will post lots of pics and you can judge for yourself. If you like what you see I will post his name and number for you folks in the San Jose area.
I have seen his work on several other cars. A metallic blue 944, a silver '64 Impala SS and a metallic grey '65 Mustang with black Shelby stripes.
All look very nice.
He is pretty particular about the body work.
He completely stripped my car to bare metal (original paint and repaint in different color)
He removed all old body filler, welded all unwanted holes, patched in metal panels where rust was repaired, and hand worked many areas to minimize body filler.

I had a lot of holes welded. Targa bar bottom chrome trim holes, rear Porsche reflector holes, antennae hole, side markers, windshield washer squiters, blah blah blah.
Top smoothed and painted to match.
Trunks and door jams painted to match.

More to come
wink.gif
Trevorg7
Dan - Sounds great, I cannot wait to see the final product. I too am in Almaden so if your Dan (Almaden Valley) is accurate you'll have to swing by and show it off. Then maybe you can turn me on to your paint guy so he can do my car.

Thanks

T
DanT
Yep,
One block from Almaden Country club.
Half way up Leyland Park.
21+years Almaden Valley.

Where you at, T?
Trevorg7
Small world.

I am .5 mile from the club on Lenwood way.

I am only 4 plus in Almaden. Never the less we'll have to get together.

When is your car done?

T
DanT
I know some folks on Lenwood.
It is amazing how many 914s there are in this area. You just never see them.
There are at least 2 more in my immediate neighborhood.
A '71 914-6 conversion (2.0L), track car, and a '75-76 2.0L
This is my 4th 914, in 12 years. Kind of addictive. wink.gif
Trevorg7
wow - yeah that would make at least 5 that I know of.

I haven't seem many on the road however, jack stands???, but I drive mine almost daily.

I'll be peeling down the Camden hill past Leyland Park at about 630 tonight!

T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.