Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat suggestions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steveinOC
I'm 6'3" about 200 lbs with a 34" inseam and looking for seat ideas for the teener trackmeister. The Scheel seat
that came with the car is too thick. The stock seat, minus
sliders and set on the floor with the bottom cushion out
gives me the most room. So I'm thinking Sparco Evo 2
mounted to the floor. What do you think. Any of you
tall guys have this same problem?
GeorgeRud
If it's a track only car, you might consider a Kirkey or other type of circle track aluminum seat. They are about the thinnest, lowest seats that you will find. OK for the track, but you wouldn't want to drive them on the street.

Try Jegs or Summit Racing for sizes, prices, etc.
john rogers
My youngest daughter is about 6 ft 2 in tall and I used an aluminum 10 degree layback seat that is mounted on some steel flat stock directly to the floor. I used an Ultrashield Gt model, but there are others that are just as good. On the Pelican site there is an article on how I installed it.
Aaron Cox
unloading the scheel?

AA
TimT
I have a MOMO Nascar bolted to the floor of my 914.. Im 5'11" and its pretty tight

hotdgr
QUOTE (john rogers @ Jan 5 2006, 10:39 PM)
My youngest daughter is about 6 ft 2 in tall and I used an aluminum 10 degree layback seat that is mounted on some steel flat stock directly to the floor. I used an Ultrashield Gt model, but there are others that are just as good. On the Pelican site there is an article on how I installed it.

Jeeeeez, John. She is one loooonnnngggg drink of water! ohmy.gif What team does she play for? How tall are you?
JmuRiz
Would a stock seat with the bottom taken out work for ya? I'm 6' with a 34" inseam and fit just fine with my Scheel (Konig), then again I'm only 165...
steveinOC
Thanks George and John for your suggestions, I will look
into aluminum seats.

Aaron, I'll keep the Scheel for now to use as seat for ride
alongs.

JmuRiz, only problem with stock seat is no side bolsters.

Thanks everyone for your imput, Steve aktion035.gif
xitspd
ohmy.gif MOMO Start Black! $239.00 New in the box! Plus tax. Located in the City of Orange, CA........................

Dan
steveinOC
Dan, is this a seat that you sell?
grasshopper
QUOTE (xitspd @ Jan 6 2006, 06:34 PM)
ohmy.gif MOMO Start Black! $239.00 New in the box! Plus tax. Located in the City of Orange, CA........................

Dan

wow! i love that seat! and the price too biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
dan needs to sell corbeau seats smile.gif biggrin.gif
xitspd
ohmy.gif Hey Aaron,

I only sell MOMO seats! When I get my site up and running I may look at other brands. This product offers great value for money.......................

Dan
xitspd
QUOTE (steveinOC @ Jan 6 2006, 06:47 PM)
Dan, is this a seat that you sell?

ohmy.gif Yeah! I have one here in Hemet and one at STEVE's in Orange.

Dan
Porcharu
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Jan 6 2006, 06:58 PM)
ohmy.gif MOMO   Start Black!  $239.00  New in the box!  Plus tax.  Located in the City of Orange, CA........................        

Dan

wow! i love that seat! and the price too biggrin.gif

Nice seat. I'm 6' with a 32" inseam and I don't really fit in the car with the stock seat (it's OK without a helmet with the bottom cushion removed - not real comfortable.) My wife is 6'1" and fits just fine (all legs.)
jetboy

Dan

I havent seen that Momo has seat brackets for the 914. How much modification for this seat to go in?
steveinOC
Thanks Dan,

I'll swing by Steve's on Monday and check that seat out.

Steve
xitspd
QUOTE (jetboy @ Jan 6 2006, 11:38 PM)
ohmy.gif MOMO   Start Black!  $239.00  New in the box!  Plus tax.  Located in the City of Orange, CA........................        

Dan

I havent seen that Momo has seat brackets for the 914. How much modification for this seat to go in?

ohmy.gif We used the existing 914 brackets...................
ChicagoChris
-Dan-

Do you have a seat bottom-to-targa measurement. So I can compare to a stock seat minus the cushion. Or has anyone tried to put a 6" guy fit with a helmet in it?
jetboy
QUOTE (xitspd @ Jan 7 2006, 07:07 AM)
QUOTE (jetboy @ Jan 6 2006, 11:38 PM)

Dan

ohmy.gif We used the existing 914 brackets...................

So no modification needed? These Momo's bolt right on the stock bracket?
spare time toys
QUOTE (xitspd @ Jan 6 2006, 09:34 PM)

Dan

I had one of those in red. I sold it for $50 at the Zims swap fest. My bucket was too big for it sad.gif I got it off EBAY for like $100. It was new the PO had a big bucket also laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.