Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Complete book of Sports Cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Found this picture in The Complete BooK of Sports Cars by Bill Reynolds, pub 2002. Ther's a section on Porsches'. Caption reads: " The 914 was Porsche's "ugly duckling"- this is a 1974 model. Mis-engined two-seater are notoiously difficult to style, and Porsche made the mistake of assuming that they could get away with a bruttally simple, functionL look. Front/rear balance was superb, but unfortunate looks ans disregard for driver confort and convenience doomed the 914."

Anyway, the picture caught my attention. Maybe somone recognizes the car.
root
Bill Reynolds? I hate opinionated people!
I like the looks of that orange 914 myself.....
But there must be 1000 or more in the US that are more refined than that
particular teener which he could have photo'd for his know-it-all book. stromberg.gif
Sounds to me 'ol Bill never ever drove a well tuned teener before in his life....

oh! by the way, I've never seen that one before!

Thanks for the post Jim.... I'm going burnout.gif
Pinepig
I'll go ahead and call bullshit. As a 6'4" guy with a 38" inseam the 914 is one of the few cars that I fit in and am comfortable.
root
What did "The Complete Book of Sports Cars" have to say about the the Austin Healey 100-6!

Or did he skip over the "Great One"? idea.gif
jim_hoyland
Didn't see anythinh on Austin Healy. The book lacks an index. Its loosely organized by year:\1945-1955; 1956-1962; 1963-1973; 1974-1982; then 1983 onwards.

root
1958 Austin Healey 100-6

like this biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.