Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "WCC 06"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
montoya 73 2.0
Is there anything to do for us people that don't bring their cars? I'm just north of Mt. Shasta so it's about a good 6 or so hours away.
McMark
Do you like to look at 914s? Do you like to read this board? Do you like Tequila? lol2.gif

If you said yes to any of these questions, then there is something for you to do. You can pretty much count on getting a ride-along on any of the fun runs as well. I know I'll have an empty passenger seat. wink.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Shhhhhhweeeeeeeet! beerchug.gif boldblue.gif clap.gif I like Rum and Vodka!? So then my next question is where exactly in Portland and which hotel?
drgchapman
We've set up with the Monarch Motel in Clackamas. They have a perfect facility for car clubs. Our local PCA uses them every year. It is just off I-205, a split off of I-5. Easy Smeezy, you could find it with tequila googles on. Craig and I are actually steeing plans up for the events this afternoon. We have some great drives up here. We may actually have an autocross as well???? We're hoping........

More to come......

Gary
grasshopper
i went last year without a car. plenty of people there are kind enough to give you rides. It was fun and really worth the trip. smile.gif
lagunero
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Jan 6 2006, 01:46 PM)
i went last year without a car. plenty of people there are kind enough to give you rides. It was fun and really worth the trip. smile.gif

what he said.
Both years have been fun with and without a car. The organizers put in a ton of work to make these events a blast no matter what, but if chaos is your cup of tea look for the Neverland Show featuring Mike the Man and his Canadian Crew.
Porsche Rescue
Speaking of Mike the Man and crew, I haven't seen posts from them lately. Anyone know if Dan got the red roller to mate with his crashed car? Hope they come to Portland in July. Love to watch young guys party. Takes me back (a long way).
TurtleGirl
It was actually the WCC05 that got me into this crazy club!

My husband and I were helping Joe (914rs) out by towing a trailer... just in case, you know... and bringing a couple of kegs of beer for the first night's reception. We love Joe and Luckie, and figured any excuse for a road trip... then I met everyone, and fell in love with 914s! wub.gif

Hence the ground-up build and yada yada yada. Last year, I barely knew what a 914 was. This year I should be driving one to the events!!!

You absolutely should go. We almost talked Nico into taking his 1990 Suburban out on the Streets of Willow Springs. Talk about a photo Op!!!

McMark
How many kegs are on tap for this year? 10? lol2.gif beerchug.gif
LvSteveH
QUOTE (TurtleGirl @ Jan 6 2006, 05:02 PM)
We almost talked Nico into taking his 1990 Suburban out on the Streets of Willow Springs. Talk about a photo Op!!!

That would be a good race for the non-swaybar cars! driving.gif
rick 918-S
Like others have said. There were plenty of opened seats at the first two events. So there should be lots of chances to jump in and ride! aktion035.gif driving.gif
montoya 73 2.0
that's what i'm talking about! it sounds like alot of fun. i've been into porsche since 83' but into 914's since 87'. i grew up in south san jose, and i would always go by a house that was down the street from oak grove high school that had a couple of them in the garage and on a trailer. they obviously raced 914's and that's when my love for the car started. i hope to make it up there!! may the games begin! drunk.gif
Dan_F
Speaking of Mike the Man and crew, I haven't seen posts from them lately. Anyone know if Dan got the red roller to mate with his crashed car?

Hey Jim, I got the red roller from Bruce in December. Haven't done anything with it yet as I need to get it painted. I'm hoping to get started in the next couple of months. My fiancé and I just bought a house so things have been pretty busy lately. I have a garage now so that helps.
Mike and I are hoping/planning to make it to Portland for the WCC in one or two 914's depending how many are running. I'm getting married Aug 12th so I might have to do some negotiating to make it. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Porsche Rescue
Good to hear all is well. I hope to see you all in Portland in July.
rhodyguy
bring that T-3 ghia. aircooled is in the ball park.

k
pete-stevers
i will be going ..Yahoo!!....
914werke
Dan , good luck buddy! Evan if'n those teeners arent ready Get w/Mike assemble the crew, pile in that Audi & make the scene smilie_pokal.gif
boxstr
CAMP 914 might have an 'Arrive and Drive" at WCC 2006. Last year at WCC 2005 the AA boys drove a CAMP Cruiser when there racer wouldn't run. So everyone can have fun.
CCLINWCCPDX2006
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.