Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT. What I found under the tree
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slapshot914
This is late in coming but I just got back Wednesday from visiting my kids in Eagle River Alaska and this is the first chance I've had to get on board. After the presents were opened, my wife hands me an envelope and says nothing. I open it and she's given me 8 laps driving a stock car at the Las Vegas Speedway. Its going to be quite a bit different going from a 95hp teener to a 600hp Richard Petty prepared Nascar beast driving.gif . Anybody here ever done the Richard Petty Driving Experience. Looks to me the biggest challenge is going to be stuffing myself through the window to get into the car.
Katmanken
Eagle River?

Yer tough to brave it in the dark cold season. Say hi to my former brother in law Eric....

Ken
GWN7
Cool... MDB2.gif

beerchug.gif
watsonrx13
Yup, my wife gave my the Richard Petty driving experience in Orlando, wow, what a thrill I had. It's a 3/4 mile tri-oval. You go through about 1-2 hrs of class room training, then go out to the track and follow a 'pace' car around. They want you to follow within 2 car lengths. If you're able to hold that position, they continue to increase the speed. If not, then you don't get to go fast.... The more driving experience you have with them, the faster you're allowed to drive....BTW, the cars are retired Busch cup cars, about 600hp.... I would back off of the other car going in the straights, then the flagman would wave me closer, and I'd close up going into the turns. Also, the clutch is REAL HEAVY, but once you're underway, there's no problem shifting...besides, you only use the brake when you're done.... Hope you have a great time, post pics and give everyone your opinion afterwards....

-- Rob
TROJANMAN
rob, how fast did you get?
watsonrx13
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jan 6 2006, 06:08 PM)
rob, how fast did you get?

124.20 mph, and I have the certificate to back it up..... Man, it was a wild ride. It's the first and only time I've every driven any race car on a track.... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.