Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Shipping suggestions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bartlett 914
Hi All

I purchased a rear clip of a 914 on ebay. I need some suggestions on getting this picked up and delivered to me. The clip is large and on a pallet but it is at a residence in South Carolina. Does anyone have any ideas or know of any company they would reccomend? I am near Chicago.

Thanks

Mark
SLITS
The seller takes it to a truck line terminal.....they ship it to one of their terminals near you.....and you pick it up from there. Now all he has to find is a trucking line that serves both of your areas.
Bartlett 914
Thanks Ron

The problem is the guy told me during bidding that shipping wasn't a problem and that he had shipped the front half overseas. Now I find out he is in a residence, has health problems and the nearest terminal is 50 miles away.

Thanks for the input
SLITS
Your next choice is now to find someone in SC that would be willing to transport it to a terminal.

Truckers do not pickup or deliver to residences

UPS would bankrupt you. I don't know about Forward Air or some of the others.

You need friends (friends = willing non-club club members) to help you...put out the call.
mack914
ForwardAir is the best deal for shipping large parts, but the seller still has to get it to their air freight terminal.
goose2
call Freightquote.com....ask for Casey (extension 1232)....1800-323-5441 cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.