Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT VW Camper 70's vintage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nick
Co-worker has a 70's vintage VW camper that she needs to sell. It needs a clutch and the interior put back together, but everything is there. She was going to send it to the dump or charity, but I thought it might be worth something. Any ideas what this might be worth. Anyone one from the Washington area interested?

Nick
r_towle
if titled, im interested.

Look at www.thesamba.com for current prices.

Rich
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Nick @ Jan 6 2006, 09:48 AM)
Co-worker has a 70's vintage VW camper that she needs to sell. It needs a clutch and the interior put back together, but everything is there. She was going to send it to the dump or charity, but I thought it might be worth something. Any ideas what this might be worth. Anyone one from the Washington area interested?

Nick

Look at listings on www.thesamba.com. FWIW, some campers (Westfalias) are worth some bucks, but the year and condition are important, too. Several pages of Westys and parts for them there. The Cap'n
r_towle
echo
SLITS
Ooooooooooooo Westy's wub.gif ....the ultimate "love machine"......

Started more families than Dodge, Ford, Mitsubishi, Honda, etc together!
Nick
Rich it is titled. My co-worker will get me the title info and any pics you would like over the weekend.

Nick
bd1308
I will babysit your kids, feed the dog, wash the car, clean the fishtanks, and take the kids out for a walk....all for a westy.

no money tho sad.gif

b
Bleyseng
I have a 77 Delux Westy, sage green. Its a cool bus but still in traffic everyone HAS to cut me off!
toecutter
If it is a late 70's bus (78,79) it might have a 2.0 liter motor. I used to have a 1980 Westy and the motor was strong and ran beautifully. Even if the body is a rusted hulk the motor might be a good thing to have.
Bleyseng
76-78 are 2.0L FI motors
Mr.C
You can always go subie power and do this.
Mr.C
zx
Mr.C
Cool set up for the radiator. Runs really cool from what the guys at the aussie site tell me.
Mr.C
adsf
crash914
I am always interested and close by.....have trailer and will haul...

I need more cars up on blocks in the yard anyway...its cool being the white trash of the neighborhood......
Bleyseng
If I even tranplant a motor into my Westy it will be a 2.4L six with MFI. I have seen two of those and they rock! aktion035.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jan 8 2006, 10:35 AM)
If I even tranplant a motor into my Westy it will be a 2.4L six with MFI. I have seen two of those and they rock! aktion035.gif

would the /6 handle the weight? I mean the quickest way to kill a 914 motor is to stick it in a westy....isnt it the same for the 6?

b
Bleyseng
Nah, the 2.4 is tough
neo914-6
QUOTE (Cabasa @ Jan 7 2006, 06:17 AM)

or '60 VW Safari bus re-engineered with a modern Porsche Turbo chassis and 500HP drivetrain by Canepa... shocked[1].gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Jan 8 2006, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (Cabasa @ Jan 7 2006, 06:17 AM)

or '60 VW Safari bus re-engineered with a modern Porsche Turbo chassis and 500HP drivetrain by Canepa... shocked[1].gif

I wouldn't want that kind of power in a flying toaster on wheels.

Need a bit of power for towing but that's it.

BTW a westy in mint condition is about $8 to 10K, OK condition around $5 -6k and projects range $500 to 4K. That's here...Canadian dollars.

My flying toaster
user posted image
VWnDRAG
Have her also check out the "cars for sale" section of oldbug.com.
It's a local place in So. Cal, but they have lots of pics online and some great cars.
There's usually a few buses listed. Some are $40,000. blink.gif

old bug.com

Tom
markb
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Jan 8 2006, 08:35 AM)

My 73 bus has a Porsche 2.4/6 in it. Just make sure the trans you use is geared right. When the Cap'n built mine, he used a 901 with 914 gearing. The sucker kicks a$$!
Nick
Spoke with my coworker with the bus this morning and she says the first $200 takes it and she would like it gone in two weeks.

Nick
Jake Raby
Buy it.
Bleyseng
$200? sounds like a deal to me unless its completely a rustbucket.

They are pretty easy to work on, valves are easy to adjust compared to a 914. wacko.gif
Nick
unfortunately I can't. No more cars since we are going to be moving
crash914
PM sent....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.