Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC '06 Contest/Fund for travel expenses?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
So I was thinking last night that I know there are some members here that would like to come to the next West Coast Classic yet lack the funds to do so....

What if we pitch in to make it happen for one or more members.

Once X amount is collected, the "broke" member(s) write a little essay or maybe we just do a drawing and pay to have the member fly out or pay for gas money with the funds........

crazy idea or not????

I'm in for contributing towards it (and no, I won't be in the running for the funds, hahahha)

rick 918-S
I say we should be able to nominate a member we would like to see come. Even if they don't post an essay. If they win they will have the first right of refusal.
r_towle
I think it should be someone from far away...wink wink nudge nudge say no more..

Aaron Cox
ill start writing my essay laugh.gif
Kerrys914
wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif beerchug.gif
Leo Imperial
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 6 2006, 11:35 AM)
I say we should be able to nominate a member we would like to see come. Even if they don't post an essay. If they win they will have the first right of refusal.

You write the essay in their honor.
Just don't get my name wrong when you do wink.gif
Howard
Easy Choice: Gustl
McMark
agree.gif
bondo
I nominate Miles! biggrin.gif
neo914-6
Druther have the president of the X1NINETEEN.COM club... laugh.gif

Good idea Mike, just hard to decide who to give it to. How about admins, furthest traveler, popular, best looking, etc...

We could use the sponsor donations to divi out more. I'd forego an attendee prize in order to get more people there...
JeffBowlsby
Another vote for Wolfgang... smilie_pokal.gif
Howard
We offered a free trip to Miles in 2004. He declined. That makes him ineligible for future consideration, if he really exists..... aktion035.gif
spare time toys
What about the guy from down under? Lets see if they all sound like Crocadile Dunndee lol2.gif
TurtleGirl
Jeroen would be my vote! I'd love to meet the guy in person. He does so much for the club from far far away!!!!
VegasRacer
It's not long distance, but Korijo's GOTTA be there !!! smoke.gif smilie_rolli_1.gif
jimtab
I think Jeroen is coming anyway....last I heard...hope so....
MartyYeoman
At the risk of sounding dated, this idea sounds alot like "Queen for a day".

laugh.gif
grasshopper
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 6 2006, 03:30 PM)
We offered a free trip to Miles in 2004. He declined. That makes him ineligible for future consideration, if he really exists..... aktion035.gif

he exists, and is a really cool guy. I think miles should come... but then he wouldn't be mysterious any more ph34r.gif
Crazyhippy
Go the other way w/ it... bitch for a day (weekend). We got you here, you get to keep the cars clean biggrin.gif

Missed a spot spank.gif

BJH
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I am installing a new engine,pick me and I 'll drive it all the way from N. West OHIO. slap.gif Dave
Bleyseng
Jacco is who I nominate as he's a poor student living in that little town Delft, NL.

popcorn[1].gif
reverie
Bravo for the idea, Mike! cool.gif

But it won't be an easy decision..

There are so many deserving people.
xitspd
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 6 2006, 11:31 AM)
So I was thinking last night that I know there are some members here that would like to come to the next West Coast Classic yet lack the funds to do so....

What if we pitch in to make it happen for one or more members.

Once X amount is collected, the "broke" member(s) write a little essay or maybe we just do a drawing and pay to have the member fly out or pay for gas money with the funds........

crazy idea or not????

I'm in for contributing towards it (and no, I won't be in the running for the funds, hahahha)

agree.gif It would be a nice! Mike if you are in, so am I.

Dan
rick 918-S
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 6 2006, 05:13 PM)
It's not long distance, but Korijo's GOTTA be there !!! smoke.gif smilie_rolli_1.gif

How are you doing Dave? smile.gif Can you make the trip? smilie_rolli_1.gif
Bleyseng
I am curious to see if Brad will make the trip....
Korijo will make it I am sure if the Van is running. cool_shades.gif
Allan
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 6 2006, 03:30 PM)
We offered a free trip to Miles in 2004. He declined.

And 2005 IIRC.. wink.gif
Bleyseng
Miles can drive over and stay at the Camp in a tent......

The European guys will have a hard time crossing the ocean.

Who is over there that wants to come?

Timo
Jacco
Gustl

??
I think Jeroen already has plans to come.
JoeSharp
I'm in on this one.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Brando
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 6 2006, 11:35 AM)

I nominate Britt... Poor kid reminds me of me 3 years ago with the 914 stuff.

I don't mean poor as in sob story poor, i literally mean it.

I'm in for donating a couple pennies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.