Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dont listen to cooking shows
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I saw on one of the BBQ shows about the easy way to clean your grill. They said to just put the grates in the self cleaning oven and turn it on. I did and went out to clean the burners so I would have a good flame patern once more. What is that beeping sound??? confused24.gif Turn to see smoke so thick you couldnt see the oven ohmy.gif I got close enough to see no fire but it sure smells good sad.gif Now I have this going on
scottb
turn your grill on high and use the wire bristle brush thingy to get all the shmutz off. then, before you put your meat on the grill, dip a piece of cloth or paper towel in cooking oil and coat the grate using long tongs (sounds bad) so you don't burn yourself. then steaky no stick!!!!!

(insert smoke alarm smiley)
dmenche914
Canola Oil is great for seasoning cast iron grills, it is low smoke. If you grill is bare cast iron, seasoning it will help stop the food from sticking so badly.

You proabably got less shit from the lady of the house than if you had smoked the house burning off 914 car part gunk! so thank your lucky stars it was the grill you were cleaning, not a 914 piece!
gregrobbins
QUOTE (scottb @ Jan 6 2006, 04:28 PM)
turn your grill on high and use the wire bristle brush thingy to get all the shmutz off. then, before you put your meat on the grill, dip a piece of cloth or paper towel in cooking oil and coat the grate using long tongs (sounds bad) so you don't burn yourself. then steaky no stick!!!!!

(insert smoke alarm smiley)

What he said smilie_pokal.gif
Trekkor
Quick, easy and cheap solution...( 914 content )

Wad up a ball of aluminum foil. Use the tongs to scrub the grill with that, then the oily rag.

KT
Allan
Damn, were did you get all those fans?
SLITS
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jan 6 2006, 10:21 PM)

Them there ain't fans. They is air conditioning har in Tejas y'all.

YippieKaiYai........
GWN7
Powerwasher? cleans the grills and the burners at the same time
effutuo101
EVOO (extra virgin olive oil and yes they lie) after spices or put it on your grill before grilling stuff. seal in the flavor! You can also mix EVOO and other oils for different flavors. But it is very important to oil the grill before you cook. Nothing like a bit of Ahi or Ono sticking to the grill after so much time is spent getting the seasoning just right.
goose2
the racoons keep my bbq clean......nice bugeye pic Ron!
URY914
I use carb cleaner. ohmy.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jan 7 2006, 12:21 AM)

The big one is from out in the shop it came from Granger. The others are out of the kids rooms.
bd1308
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jan 7 2006, 06:12 AM)
I use carb cleaner. ohmy.gif

thats.....actually pretty intresting.

bc carb cleaner isnt supposed to leave any residue...

b
IronHillRestorations
I scrape the grill pretty good after cooking each time, and each time I cook I turn it on high until it quits smoking, scrape & wire brush, wipe with towel soaked with water, spray throughly with vegetable oil and cook on amigo.

I'm nix on the EVOO for grilling. Maybe on lower temps it's OK, but if you grill hot EVOO gets funky.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.