Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal Crazy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Remember the ill fated December Frazier Park run that was snowed out? Remember the Hangover rally last weekend that was almost rained out and we had to drive really slow?

I feel the need. Flying J truck stop. I 5 Frazier Park exit. Tomorrow 9:14am. PM if you want to meet. No advance notice, no plan, I'm going solo.

Edit. Sunday, 9:14am Flying J
Aaron Cox
dry.gif cant wait a week? month?

have fun..... im riding shotgun in spirit..... like that one time with mattr and carlos
Howard
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 6 2006, 08:11 PM)
dry.gif cant wait a week? month?

have fun..... im riding shotgun in spirit..... like that one time with mattr and carlos

Sure. I do it once a month.

Oh shit, you guys are gonna jump on that....
Aaron Cox
jerkit.gif
Crazyhippy
Bastard!!!

I'm installing crown molding tommorrow... Sunday instead??

BJH
Allan
We definitely gotta do something in February after I get my car back.
Howard
QUOTE (Crazyhippy @ Jan 6 2006, 08:49 PM)
Bastard!!!

I'm installing crown molding tommorrow... Sunday instead??

BJH

Ok this Sunday if you come down next Saturday and do my crown moldings (after you get good at it) biggrin.gif
Crazyhippy
My services next Saturday are already spoken for huh.gif

I get to try and set a 914 (not mine) on fire biggrin.gif welder.gif
Howard
No Sunday for you!
rpmmaxxed
Can ya send an address of the closest locatoin?

gonna mapquest it to see if its within my reach.
Crazyhippy
Frazier Park is the closest city. That is the starting point

Mapquest starting location

This is the route, Ojai is a nice spot to eat lunch Mapquest of the route

Damn you Howard... You Rally Nazi!!!

BJH biggrin.gif
Howard
QUOTE (rpmmaxxed @ Jan 6 2006, 10:22 PM)
Can ya send an address of the closest locatoin?

gonna mapquest it to see if its within my reach.

167 miles Carlsbad to Frazier Park. Ouch! Straight up I 5.
Howard
Will you go on Sunday? I guess I can sack up and do Mulholland tomorrow. No calling Jew boys Nazis, ya dick. biggrin.gif
Crazyhippy
You are just now noticing? screwy.gif

I'll just check on here tommorrow and see if Sunday is going, or atleast how bad it was, might have to solo it myself piratenanner.gif , well other than the Misses... biggrin.gif sheeplove.gif spank.gif sheeplove.gif biggrin.gif

BJH
Howard
Sunday it is. You're in Camarillo? Meet at Grinders? We can go over 23 to the 126. I'll do Our Lady of Mulholland tomorrow.
rpmmaxxed
gonna have to say no on this one unsure.gif

3 hour commute each way just isnt really practical :cry:

I really wanna do a run like this with some other teeners...
Howard
Dekman and I are in. Crazyhippy?
KaptKaos
Just saw this. Sounds like fun, but can't do it today.

Next time Howard.
Howard
Sunday it is. Dekman (ironman??) is taking the twisties both ways. I'm going 23 to 126 to 5 to Frazier.
Aaron Cox
say hi to slit's friend eric estrada
seanery
I'm more than just a little jealous.
dekman
Come on....where are the real men! Refreshing mountain air, winding mountain roads, blue skies.......lets go! J truck stop at 9:14 am tomorrow(I'll warm up the roads for you Howard) driving.gif
Crazyhippy
I'm game... 23 to the 126 to the 5... 90 minutes from here? leave 7:45ish?

Where we meeting Howard?

Any of the Bakersfield guys coming... it's as close as we can get to podunk w/ out having to smell it biggrin.gif lol2.gif

Hell i'll even bring a cute piece of ballast piratenanner.gif

BJH
Allan
QUOTE (Crazyhippy @ Jan 7 2006, 05:48 PM)
Any of the Bakersfield guys coming... it's as close as we can get to podunk w/ out having to smell it biggrin.gif lol2.gif

I got no car. sad.gif

You'r still gonna smell it. wink.gif
Howard
Grinder's restaurant p'lot. Rte 23 and Los Angeles Ave. PM your cel#. Allan, give you $1000 in cash if you show up at Flying J laugh.gif
Allan
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 7 2006, 06:15 PM)
Grinder's restaurant p'lot. Rte 23 and Los Angeles Ave. PM your cel#. Allan, give you $1000 in cash if you show up at Flying J laugh.gif

Okay.
Howard
Interesting. 35f, wind chill down around 0 kelvin. Being a manly man, no top for me. Just CrazyHippy, his GF (old fart forgot her name) Dekman and yours truly. Had the sumptious $6.99 buffet at Flying J and thawed out.

After that the temp was much better. We went thru snow, dirt sections, and a stream crossing, but almost no traffic (go figure). Looking down at Lockwood Valley.
Howard
Dekman's amazing 3 story mountain cabin. By the time we got to Ojai, it was 75f biggrin.gif

Howard
View from the top deck. 3 decks, Dekman, get it? screwy.gif

Howard
And to make Miles jealous, in addition to his 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 horse, say 'Hi' to the twins, Mercedes and BMW.

Allan didn't show so I still have the $1000. Tough luck, Allan.

BMITCHELL
Good adventure. Sorry I missed it. With it being that cold I guess I wouldn't have to worry about overheating the water pumper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.