Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Job Demick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
Nice job Demick! Its fun to run against you. See you at Candlestick in 3 weeks! wink.gif

Boyden, Demick GGR Bi 74 914 48.952 (18th Place) smilie_pokal.gif

Ways, Rob LPR Bi 73 914 48.996 (20th Place) blink.gif
Brad Roberts
Your shifter will be in as well as some other "goodies".

I might even have a loaner set of AutoX Hoosiers for you (to catapult you past Demick..lol)

B
EdwardBlume
Awesome. Thanks. Are you in town Sat, or out of town?
Brad Roberts
Wont know for a few days. If the van is done.. I'm taking it north this weekend.

B
ChrisReale
Well, Brad if you come north this weekend, on Sat there is an AX in Bremerton. I'd be happy to warm my tiars for you....
J P Stein
Humm...........What we need is a

*FIRST ANNUAL ALL 914 AUTOCROSS*
EdwardBlume
The top 5 places at the last GGR Ax here in N Cal were all 914s. smilie_pokal.gif
Demick
Thanks Rob

I barely squeaked by you - although they counted 2 cones on my best run which I didn't hit (my friend Doug was working in the trailer mentioned that they tried to give me 2 cones on that run and he corrected them (apparantly car 314 got them, not 114 (mine)). But it looks like they gave them to me anyway. It wasn't that much better anyway. I still wasn't very happy with 18th overall, but there were a lot of zoomy cars there.

We're neck and neck for season points (76 vs 72), and also PAX (I'm 5th with 226, you are 6th with 214). Great to have some competition!

There were about 15 914's there - very nice turnout.

Demick
Brad Roberts
I need pics Rob... I need to see what your car is doing (have to beat Demick)

B
Demick
Gonna take a lot more than a set of Hoosiers and pictures of a car to beat me!! Ha Ha. I welcome the competition. But the class we are participating in (Bi) is very limited as far as car modifications. A quick list of things that matter.

140 lb rear springs (max)
adjustable front sway bar
Dot-R tires (205 max width, 50 min aspect ratio, 15" min dia, 6" max wheel width)
-2 deg max front, -3 deg max rear camber
Stock engine, stock FI
stock heat exchangers.

Demick
Brad Roberts
Obviously you havent ran on Hoosiers... nevermind that they weigh 6 lbs less per tire compared the to Kuhmo's.

Honestly.. its just building confidence in the car. If you trust the fact that it will go where you want it to go...

Rob will win the points this year.

The race is ON. wavey.gif no finger .. I like you..

LOL

B
J P Stein
FIRST ANNUAL ALL 914 AUTOCROSS

I'd trailer down to No Cal for sumthin like that.....next spring, maybe?

Hoosiers, snoozers......... laugh.gif My choice of R rather than A compound was a mistake. I was too worried about wear. I have 70-80 passes on these and they look as if they're good for another 2 seasons at this rate....oops.
I hear that Kumho is coming out with a new killer Rspec tiar.
Brad Roberts
JP..

We do have enough people (like Rob and Demick) that could help put one on.

Lets think about it some more later... like a location.

B
EdwardBlume
I'm the AX Co-Chair for LPR. 914's are always welcome. The site is near Monterey, CA and there's two more events this year. One in 1.5 weeks, and the last event is in mid Oct.

Let's do it!
EdwardBlume
140 lb rear springs (max)
adjustable front sway bar
Dot-R tires (205 max width, 50 min aspect ratio, 15" min dia, 6" max wheel width)
-2 deg max front, -3 deg max rear camber
Stock engine, stock FI
stock heat exchangers.

Are those camber settings right? Seems too aggressive.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 27 2003, 12:17 PM)
....like a location.

walmart parking lot? lol2.gif
J P Stein
I'm running -2 at the rear with Hoosiers. My tiar temps say that is too much, but straight line wheel spin+ squat may be skewing the picture.....I just don't know enuff. -2 at the front is spot on.

I wuz thinkin' BIG for the 914AX.....like getting most every hot dog 914 west of the Rockies together.
Demick
Rob - Those are maximum camber settings. I run about -1.25 front, -2.0 rear

Brad - Putting on an autox takes a lot more than just people. Takes hundreds of cones, timing equipment, insurance, a site (very difficult to get sites even for national organizations with good insurance and a proven track record), money (somebody's got to front the $1000-$2000 for a site), etc etc. I don't think it is feasible to put on our own. Especially, when there are organized events already that you can just show up, pay, and run. I'd suggest just picking a specific PCA event and all agreeing to run that event.

Rob will win the points this year? Not if I can help it!

Demick
Brad Roberts
Aaron is assuming we HAVE WalMarts here..

I have seen ONE in NorCal. Its in Mountain View.

Demick is correct. We should piggy back on someones event.

B
EdwardBlume
There's a couple Walmarts off 880 on the way to my house.

Demick's right. We need to find a PCA event and show up. There's a lot of things needed to run an AX. Does Redwood Region have a good site? Sacramento?
Demick
I think Redwood currently has an airport site in the Santa Rosa area. I haven't been there but have heard that it is excellent. When I last time I ran with Redwood, they didn't have enough participation to hold Porsche only events so they would combine with other car clubs in the area. Don't know if that is still the case. They were definitely not as organized as the current GGR events. I don't think Sacramento has a currently active autocross program.

I'd say GGR is our best bet as it's autocross sites are closest for most Bay Area people. LPR would be a close second (advantage due to a smaller turnout, disadvantage due to location in Marina).

Demick
Brad Roberts
The redwood region site is cool (ran it earlier this year).. but it is in the middle of nowheresville.

If you hold it in Monterrey.. wives will be more likely to come along.. lots better hotels/shopping also.

SoCal guy's might shop up to a Monterrey event.

B
fiid
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 27 2003, 11:17 AM)
JP..

We do have enough people (like Rob and Demick) that could help put one on.

Lets think about it some more later... like a location.

B

I want some AX action that allows hybrids. We should set up a 914club ax here in norcal to take care of this. I would also be interested in a time trial series.

Fiid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.