Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hole spacing for engine to trans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom
Hi guys, I'm trying to get a bracket made to adapt my regular engine stand to be able to put the type four engine on it. Anyone know the distance between centers for the two top bolts at the rear of the engine? Are the top and bottom bolt distances the same? I have a couple of brackets here, but need to know where to drill the holes. I am at work or I would measure it myself. Here at work I have access to a good drill press also.
Thanks, Tom
bd1308
you dont have to fab one up, there are some already available...

check pelicanparts.com

b
736conver
you dont have to fab one up, there are some already available...

check pelicanparts.com

b

Whats the fun in that. Building stuff is always more fun. Gives you a better sense of accomplishment too.

Sorry dont have any dimensions for you though. Everything is bolted up and I wouldnt be able to give you some good numbers. I sure someone here has a car apart that can help, maybe one or two guys. wink.gif
Tom
Thanks, I thought the TEENER'S creed was to do it yourself if at all possible, then when it is done, you can enjoy the fact that you did it yourself. Besides, if I order one, I won't be able to put the engine on the stand until it comes in.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.