Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help with locating a part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Hi,
We are building a robot. I need to make it tank drive, using tracks. This needs to be fast. we only have six weeks from design to competition.

What we need to find, and are having no luck...is toothed rubber tracks.

These need to have teeth on both sides of the rubber belt, one is for traction the other is for engaging the gears.

We need tracks that are 2-4 inches wide, like a belt drive on a harley, but toothed on both sides...

Please show me a place that sells something this small...I have found lots of tracks for bobcat machines...a bit big.

I have found lots of belts that have teeth on one side, like a timing belt from Gates...

But nothing like this...

Rich
Mueller
Here you go:

Goodyear belts

dmenche914
or make your own by purchasing the correct length timing belt for for the driven side (inside), and a longer one for the drive side (outside), cut the outer one to length to fit around the out side of the inner one, but with the timing teeth pointing out, then glue them together.

use a cement for rubber, clean them with solvent first as they may have a non-stick surface (mold realease)

i know a cement sold for making custom oring diameters is basically just super glue, or maybe better still (becuase this thing will be flexing) try contact cement. I'd rough up the two mating surfaces with course sanding to aid in bonding.

Any photo of your machine?

Ps this will allow customizing you'r belt, the tooth size and pitch can be different, just select what you want from the large number of timing belt styles, and if you can't find the correct length needed for the inner driven belt, then just cut both inner and outer to length and splice them together, it may be well strong enough.

Build em if you can't find them in time.
r_towle
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 7 2006, 03:40 PM)
Here you go:

Goodyear belts

Thank you very much...
I was hoping you were here...

You seem to be able to find lots of things. (this is perfect btw, 3 inches wide and double sided...)

I hope your situation improves...And the babies are growing and doing ok...

There will be more requests in the next few weeks...though most of it comes from mcmaster and msc...

Rich
crash914
try a search for BERG they have lots of small gears, belts etc...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.