Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - Carrera GT vs Ford Lightning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott Carlberg
10cyl Porsche vs Ford SuperCharger
rpmmaxxed
saw this vid recently. I dont really think the cgt was pushin hard was it?I thought it would kill the truck...
Brad Roberts
It will kill the truck. Even if the truck is modded to 600+hp the CGT will eat it alive. You can hear the truck blowing the tires off when he gets into it. The CGT will blow them off also, but it hooks up MUCH better than that truck ever will. Most CGT drivers are afraid of the cars (for good reason) the engine is much like a light switch. It revs RIGHT NOW and the car is fairly light. I have met 2-3 owners who are actually learning the cars out of 13 or so we have access to.

B
seanery
We have a couple of Ford Lightnings that run DEs with us. They are pretty nice, one is modified, one is pretty much stock. A GT2 will blow them away, so a CGT would definitely leave 'em in the dust if the driver wanted.

I love the video....a couple a billy's in a truck laugh.gif
neo914-6
haven't seen xmas tree air cleaners for a long time... laugh.gif
spare time toys
Hey Billy Joe Ray hold onto my beer while I show this ferin car a thing r two.

Yee HAW Bobby Ray Bob lets get r dun...

drunk.gif driving.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
MattR
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Jan 7 2006, 03:54 PM)
Most CGT drivers are afraid of the cars (for good reason) the engine is much like a light switch. It revs RIGHT NOW and the car is fairly light. I have met 2-3 owners who are actually learning the cars out of 13 or so we have access to.

B

agree.gif

i'm just picturing a 996 cup car passing a carrera gt in turn 8 and 9 at big willow
VaccaRabite
Lets see, this movie has all the classic street racing bits.

Its got the:
School Zone,
Ford VS. Import sports car,
Street traffic on the "track,"
30K truck that thinks it owned a $$$$$$ supercar.

I'll tell ya, its a classic.
aktion035.gif laugh.gif
Zach

Howard
One of those trucks comes out to Willow with the Shelby Club. Lots of suspension/tire work; it sits about 5" off the ground. Good driver, has no trouble keeping some very fast cars in his mirror.
bryanc
Hmm... My Ford (err Mazda) truck sounds just like that Lightning. Lots of whining.

It's a bearing going out in the tranny. Do you think I could sell it as a supercharger equipped truck? ph34r.gif
campbellcj
As far as I can tell, neither vehicle/driver was really on it in that clip. BTDT (i.e. following CGT's and whatnot in city traffic) and I can't blame 'em all that much...2nd gear would already be into illegal speeds and creating loud attention-grabbing sounds.
Marv's3.6six
My daily driver is a 2k Lightning, modded, its kwik but its biggest problem is traction, the rear tires will spin up waaaaaay to easy, a CGT BTW would make it look like its goin backwards though.
campbellcj
QUOTE (Marv's3.6six @ Jan 8 2006, 06:58 PM)
My daily driver is a 2k Lightning, modded, its kwik but its biggest problem is traction, the rear tires will spin up waaaaaay to easy, a CGT BTW would make it look like its goin backwards though.

Must be a little scary in the rain! Does it have any type of LSD and/or electronic traction control? Just curious...
Marv's3.6six
Must be a little scary in the rain! Does it have any type of LSD and/or electronic traction control? Just curious...

Nope not scary, just have to be easy on the go pedal, has lsd but no traction control. Massive amount of torque though, accelerating from 80 to 100 is lickity split and about 1/4" throttle pedal movement.

Actually the wifes car feels faster than the lightning (car in garage) Merc C55 AMG, that thing's a rocket.

As you can see I likes my toys to be fast. wacko.gif
jandro62
relative to other track cars, i think the CGT is actually very quiet. It just makes it that much more menacing that it gobbles up one or two cars at a time effortlessly without any noise.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.