Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: it runs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
fired the $hit box up for the first time today. The motor runs,not very well, idles a little rough. Not much reaction comming off idle but with a little coaxing will spin up to 4k all on it's own. confused24.gif
bd1308
year?
engine year?
fuel delivery?

b
toon1
the car is a 73

the serial# on the FI brain checks to a 73 1.7 not the original motor

I have the stock FI, pump pressure checked out ok, last three #s on the MPS are 049
toon1
I fired it up this morning it will sputter for a minute and then go straight to 3k and won't come back to idle. The throttle is closed. any tips?
bd1308
check your hoses...
you could very well have a major vac leak.

also check timing with a timing light.

b
toon1
started it again, it idles now but its a little rough. I can't see thetiming mark that's most of the problem there. What may cause the high idle at first start up?
bd1308
if you have a Auxillary Air Regulator that actually works, then it will tend to idle at around 2k for a bit.

the timing mark should be visible on the fan and you'll wanna time it (if you have a 2.0 or 1.7) at 3500rpm....should be around 27degrees Before TDC.

b
bd1308
if you get a timing light that will advance, you can advance your light to 27 degrees and use the giant white recessed wide fin painted white for your mark, which indicates TDC. those lights are more $$ tho.

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.