Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For JP: Portland has Rain Bonnet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
You gotta be tough and stupid to run up here. Mostly stupid. Here's how I spent my Saturday.
DNHunt
The only worthwhile thing. An original 6. I never got to talk to the guy but he was fun to watch. The high point was a Corvette trying to lay down too much power. He lost it on a straight and did an honest 540 over about 150 feet. The asshole knocked over 2 cones I had to chase.

Dave
J P Stein
My Gawd.....you were out in this weather?
We gots high winds, heavy rain, AND it's 40ish degrees.
You some kinda' nutcase?
wacko.gif
Aaron Cox
why is everything all wet? confused24.gif lol2.gif
seanery
I'm just blown away that there are places other than California and Florida where you can have Autocrosses and DE's this time of year.

SMLINGREENWITHENVY
DNHunt
This was closer to a boat race than a DE. It kinda felt like old times. Still this is the kind of weather we drive in a lot so it's good practice. The toughest part was crossing the stuff the drag racers put down for burn outs: just like driving on snot.

I ran Jake's motor and the tranny I rebuilt. Both ran great. With the conditions it's hard to know what the engine would do. Mostly it was try to be smooth and roll onto the throttle.

Dave
rhodyguy
looks like day was TOO much fun. i've seen that 6 at an ax i think. the guy's dad has one too iirc. the high traction compound will have you going sideways @ 70 in a heartbeat. bremerton is a great venue.

k
Bleyseng
Yeah, great fun! Glad I wasn't there as I have done that twice before. Windshield fogs up and you can't even see the effin cones! screwy.gif
dinomium
Just one of the MANY perks of living in Btown... I hope to see alot of Dave out there at the old Runway this year!
Minor Hijax:
There is a driving school in March at Pacific Raceway. It is a two day event put on the the IRDC, Check it out...
driving.gif
Bleyseng
DaveH, ya gotta make one of the track events this year so you can run that baby down the straight!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.