Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rigid Steel Brake Lines need replaced
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tmh75
I need to replace all of the rear hard steel brake lines. My local autoparts store doesn't sell lenghts that are anywhere close to accurate, and I haven't found anyone in town who can do the double flare. Any ideas?
auggie91420
Do a search on eBay for "18 piece brake line kit for BMW, WV, Porsche, Mercedes". There is an oufit selling an entire set for about $30. Might be more than you need, but they look like the right type.
Series9
I had no problem doing the RS with lines from two different local stores.

They don't have to be exact replacement lengths, just close.
rick 918-S
Your FLAPS sells the bubble flare tool. You may have to push the high school kid along and coach him on how to look it up but they will have a listing. They may have to order it for you though. I made these lines.

brp914
check with porsche dealer. I boogered the pass rear hard line. I ordered it from Porsche - got it a week later all pre-bent. dropped right in - no fuss, no muss.
tmh75
Thanks, I'll start trying those options.

Todd
black73
Jacksons Oldtime Parts
6220 Grand Ave.
Duluth, Minn. 55807
(218)624-5791
www.OldTimeParts.com

is where I got mine
rick 918-S
QUOTE (black73 @ Jan 8 2006, 04:53 PM)
Jacksons Oldtime Parts
6220 Grand Ave.
Duluth, Minn. 55807
(218)624-5791
www.OldTimeParts.com

is where I got mine

That's funny! The place has always been dumpy looking. But they have a good machinist, and a ton of parts thrown everywhere. I sometimes wonder how they find anything.
black73
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 8 2006, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (black73 @ Jan 8 2006, 04:53 PM)
Jacksons Oldtime Parts
6220 Grand Ave.
Duluth, Minn. 55807
(218)624-5791
www.OldTimeParts.com

is where I got mine

That's funny! The place has always been dumpy looking. But they have a good machinist, and a ton of parts thrown everywhere. I sometimes wonder how they find anything.

Yeah, I think that's who Chris was referring to on ebay. They kept trying to sell me the 19 piece kit. I said I don't need 19 pcs.! They finally agreed to sell just the ones I needed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.