Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brad, need help...!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
I have been waiting around and looking anywhere and I'm getting restless. Since you seem to be in the loop around here, I need a 914. I have had several leads, but people seem to flake out in emailing me or dont reply at all. I was hopeing you maybe knew of one for sale and could help me out. Here's the situtation. I already have a 2.7 to put in it, however wont have time to put it in until Jan, so an engine that runs(at least for 6 months) is a must. After that, I would like as little mechnical problems as possible. Dont care about the paint, however dont have the means to do major bodywork, so being straight is important. As for the interior, as long as it has a seat and steering wheel, thats fine, I have no problem re-doing the interior. I'd rather not give away how much i have to spend here, so if you got something, lemme know and we can discuss that later. I live over in Stockton and could travel anywhere around Nor Cal to get it...let me know if you come across something. This is a great site, but visiting here without a 914 in the driveway... sad.gif
Brad Roberts
Whats your price range ??

I have really been focusing on 9146's... and non running cars lately.

B
redshift
Hey man. Did ya look in the classifieds here?

Couple of nice cars, very nice cars.

M
Charles Deutsch
This guy's http://www.geocities.com/gizmokarr@sbcglobal.net selling one. I have no association with the seller and, in general, I don't know anything.
Brad Roberts
And its in our area... HPH did work on it.

B
biosurfer1
$3000-4000, depending on a lot of things... 5500 is a bit high for now.
Brad Roberts
3-4k is tough. You might find a nice 1.7 car for that price.. it wont be a 73 2.0 unless it has bad paint/crappy interior.

They are getting hard to find....decent ones.

How long have you been looking ??

B
biosurfer1
looking for weeks... 1.7 is fine, just something that will run for 6 months like i said, i have another engine to put in, but dont have the time until January. paint and interior can be crappy, engine and mechanics are more important....
Brad Roberts
I know where a pretty decent 74 1.8 is sitting.. I'll check on it again. Its a factory blue color. Nice interior. Good clean car. It has never been listed for sale.

I do know where a solid 74 yellow 2.0 is sitting.. 4500$ I know he wont come off the price. The interior is crappy.. but its a good solid car that doesnt appear to be rusted or wrecked in any form or fashion.

B
biosurfer1
sounds great, let me know....it's been amazing, i've replied to maybe 15 ad's here and there and got replies to 5 at the most, wonder why these people list their car????
Brad Roberts
They sell the cars and dont reply to the emails your sending. Then they DONT remove their ads.

Honestly.. I dont feel bad for you. I know people who have been looking for 4-6 months..LOL and they have the bank to JUMP when something comes up for sale.

B
redshift
And to think there are 15 or so localish (to you) on Ebay every week.

I don't feel bad for any of you! I have to buy them where you live, 2500 parsects from my home galaxy.

Mzoid
Brad Roberts
Bio.. what happened to the car in your avatar ?? It was for sale in Santa Cruz..

B
biosurfer1
he contacted me and said to come over and check it out, so i emailed him back and was supposed to go today or tomorrow tolook at it, but he never emailed me back with an address or phone number to call him at, that was 4 days ago and still havent heard from him...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.