Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: QuietCar sound deadener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
goose2
I got some of this stuff QuietCar
Has anyone tried it? I thought I'd coat the firewall while the engine is out. Also maybe inside the doors and ? Does anyone have experience with this product? Any advice or application tips?
Thanks
CHAFF
The video seems impressive if its not a hoax.

-L
Bartlett 914
I plan on doing something this Spring to deaden sound in my cars. I hope you will keep us posted on how this works for you.

Mark
smontanaro
QUOTE (CHAFF @ Jan 8 2006, 05:13 PM)
The video seems impressive if its not a hoax.

Didn't seem like they were hitting the deadened noise makers as
hard as the normal ones.
blabla914
I used quiet car on my bug. I have also used dynamat with some success. I like the quite car better than dynamat for a few reasons.

First, the adhesive on dynamat is heat activated and I've had some problems with it peeling off over time. I mean like 10 years time. It's not a huge deal as it sticks back on with a heat gun. However, if you put some on the roof, under your headliner, and it started peeling because your black car (my bug is black), that would really suck.

Second, it's a monumental PITA to work dynamat into the creases in a bug floor pan. Any voids left seem to trap water that comes in from my shoes and the occasional water leak. This caused corrosion on my new floor pans after about 6 years. No rust through, but it made the dynamat peel away and reduced it's effectiveness. Quite car has held up on the floors for two years now. No peeling.

Third, you can vary the noise deadening of quiet car by adding successive coats. Maybe more on the firewall and less in the roof.

The disadvantage to dynamat is it takes a lot longer. Dynamat you stick and go. This stuff has to dry for hours. This can make the project last for days if you are doing successive coats.

All in all decent stuff. It did make my bug quite a bit quieter.

Kelly
bondo
Sweet, I'm definitely going to use this stuff on my V8 914, and on my Mustang. I actually had a passenger tell me that the inside of my Mustang was louder than a DC-3 smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.