Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuch alloys on 914-4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Roger D.
Does anyone have 5 1/2 x 15 fuch alloys on a 914-4?
Arent they 5 lug and if so do you use an adapter? How spendy would it be to pick up a nice looking set? Probably repros. I just like the look.

Roger D.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Roger D. @ Jan 8 2006, 11:51 AM)
Does anyone have 5 1/2 x 15 fuch alloys on a 914-4?
Arent they 5 lug and if so do you use an adapter?

the 4 to 5 lug adapters are at least 1" wide.
i'm not sure that would leave enough space for a 5-lug Fuchs on a narrow body car ...

looks like it's time for a 911 suspension ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
Allan
I was running Fuchs with adapters and 195/55 tires. Very, very tight fit. I don't like adapters so I replaced them with some Pedrinnis.

And I second what Andy said. I'll wait until I have 911 suspension and then go 5 lug.
70Sixter
If memory serves (and that is not a sure thing) at least some 914s were drillable for 911 lugs. Seems like the spots were even marked and the metal might have been reinforced.

Some said it weakened the strength. But as I remember probably not - at least for street. Maybe somebody else will remember.
jimkelly
I have 4 lug fuchs ...
Dave_Darling
The four-lug Fuchs are 5.5x15. You can use five-bolt wheels, but it requires some work. There is a "five-bolt conversion guide" Tech Article in the 914 Tech Articles section of the Pelican Parts website (URL in my signature below). It discusses most of the available options, and gives you an idea of what is involved.

--DD
Cap'n Krusty
Fuchs 5 lug repro wheels are junk. Adapters are scary junk. Wait. Do it right. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.