Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One Very Good Reason For A Rev Limiter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
My teener was R E A L fast last night when the throttle spring broke pegged at 7K when shifting from 2nd to 3rd it's amazing how it seems like the engine is screaming for so long before you can decide "WHAT TO DO" when it's only 1 or 2 seconds before you turn the key off. I had enough speed built up going down a slight incline that I coasted a little over 2 miles. Within a 1/2 mile of my house. Was able to re-bend the end of the spring & get on my way.
This is the best reason for a rev limiter. I'm sure there are many others too wink.gif
bruce
Aaron Cox
i bet you were like WTF!!! w00t.gif
Bruce Allert
Ya! ohmy.gif along with OH GAWD ohmy.gif OH GAWD unsure.gif OH GAWD blink.gif
I remember even looking in the rear view! Don't know what I expected to see but I saw alot of blackish grey smoke blowin' like when a car hits passing gear after along period of puttin around! Guess I "blew the carbon out," eh? rolleyes.gif
bruce
tryan
the 1960 boat has a heel / toe gas pedal with NO spring. i put a cut off lanyard behind the dash, just in case the cable breaks.
Charles Deutsch
What's your rev limiter set at? I'll probably get the 5800 rpm one.
scotty
...better on the uphill side of the way home than, say, hwy 26!

Ouch! ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.