Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rocker covers are off
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lincoln
well it wasnt as bad as i was expecting , both jack tubes are dead , but the only rust is the jack tube points themselves,not even any rust in the hole behind the jack tubes and both tubes themselves are still in great condition, figure a patch about 5" by 5" should more than repair the areas should i go with deleting the jack tubes, also was a tiny rust spot at bottom rear edge of drivers door frame and a small streak about 8 inches by 1/2 inch at the front of pass side right below the front fender. could even restore the jack tubes - not sure if i really want them still tho, but altogether less rust than i had been having nightmares over and a pretty easy repair:)

PO i guess tried to "fix" the covers with bondo and steel mesh - didnt seem to work tho lol- considering fabricating SS lines to replace the rubber fuel lines in order to maybe make the rockers fully sealed to the body

pics will have to wait til end of the month when i get a new digital cam
McMark
Great news! smilie_pokal.gif

BTW, those are vapor recovery lines, not fuel lines. The fuel lines are down the center tunnel that the shifter sits on. And I wouldn't recommend permanently mounting the rocker covers. You need to take them off occasionally to clean out the dirt that causes those rust problems.
Bertus
Good news! The 914 gods must be smiling on us this weekend! Pulled both of my rockers this weekend to reveal little rust also.

Good luck with your repairs.

Bert
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.