Full Version: Ever Jump a Bus? this guy did
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
http://www.youtube.com/w/vw-van-jump?v=hSy...vw%20van%20jump

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
markb
w00t.gif
jim_hoyland
For some reason VW busses/pickups were great for jumping. Sunset Beach used to have two parallel street seperated by a railroad track. When they removed the tracks, we would jump our crewcab VW fron one street to the other. There was a lot of sand and small dunes between the two streets, so you had to plan the jump so you wouldn't get stuck.
Now there's a green belt there---nice video Aaron
TeamAxisRacing
smilie_pokal.gif wow that would be scarey specially with the water afterward.. i did jump my old rabbit gti in the dessert by phoenix, got about that high off the ground. mangled my driverside front strut so it was ridgid and pulled to the left. but i drove it like that for 6 months haha rocking nana.gif

vw's rock for jumping!
qa1142
I would not have done that in my bus!

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
skline
I jumped a bus once, but she got mad when I called her that. happy11.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 8 2006, 06:52 PM)
I jumped a bus once, but she got mad when I called her that. happy11.gif

av-943.gif
jd74914
scott laugh.gif

we have a road around here that if you are going over 35 thru the turn you jump. its also a 90 degree bend with another "wimp out" driveway on it, so the challenge is to see how fast you can go aroud the turn without crashing. wacko.gif the witnessed speed record so far is 65 in a mk3 gti, tho he claims that he's put a crx into it @70 happy11.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Jan 8 2006, 07:06 PM)
scott laugh.gif

we have a road around here that if you are going over 35 thru the turn you jump. its also a 90 degree bend with another "wimp out" driveway on it, so the challenge is to see how fast you can go aroud the turn without crashing. wacko.gif the witnessed speed record so far is 65 in a mk3 gti, tho he claims that he's put a crx into it @70 happy11.gif

need pics.....
jd74914
i could probably grab one of the corner. no chance of seeing a video of a car going through tho, too many cops around the school these days, and its right near there, and too scary going thru with sand icon8.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.