Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Good deal!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rotary'14
I think some of my 914 brothas and sistas might find this useful. I think it's a good price.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ST...80&cm_ite=ST630

coupon code "XPBARGAINS" FOR 10% off.

-Rob
Jeroen
that's pretty darn cheap!
good find!
nsyr
Just bought one. Thanks for the link. cool.gif
Demick
That looks very good. The 8:1 ratio is very good as well. Most of the cheaper infrared thermometers are like 2:1

Demick
campbellcj
FWIW I ordered one the other day, and it came already today (along with two other completely OT widgets, which were also cheap and as advertised.)

Seems to be a well-built and functional tool thus far, and the best price I've ever seen for one of these.

Just though I'd pass that along. YMMV, no affiliation with seller, don't blame the messenger, etc...
campbellcj
BTW basic specs are:

Range -4 - 605°F (-20 - 320°C)
Accuracy +/- 2% (+/- 2°C)
Resolution 0.5°
Distance/SOOT ratio 8:1
Repeatability +/- 2°F (+/- 1°C)
Response time 500ms

As far as I know 605°F is useful for most utility/automotive purposes. This unit can't go to ultrahot temps so if you need that, you need to look elsewhere, but otherwise it seems to be a deal.
jonwatts
Guess they only had 4. They're out of stock sad.gif
bryanc
Harbor Freight had some similar units for either $49 or $39 recently. I picked up one of those. It seems to be fairly accurate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.