Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the status on Jake's Turbo kit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brokenmoped
Any info on Jake's turbo R&D? Any power figures yet? Excuse my impatience, but when can we expect this kit to be released? Anyone know? unsure.gif
LvSteveH
I talked to Jake about doing some testing, but I think it's still a few months away. Sounds like it should be fun. I'm sure Jake will chime in with an update.
Crazyhippy
Found on the thread why no turbo 914's out there?

I'm 8 weeks into dedicated Turbo development..... I have already smoked two engines on purpose proving some points and have a third on the dyno as we speak.

The only thing I'm doing in 2006 for R&D is forced induction work, the entire research budget is getting droopped into it! In the past i have built a few Turbo engines,m played with a few units but never took it seriously because I was too tied up with N/A developments. With the N/A stuff so perfected I can afford to take the time to do nothing but Turbo stuff for a while.

By the end of the year I'll have a complete 914 Turbo system ready to sale, all as an engineered unit with EFI/DTM cooling/Turbo header/Intercooler, th entire arrangement will be designed together for well rounded performance, so don't think I'll be selling individual parts to help you get yourself into deep shit!. I just learned about another "Stromberg" thats out there lurking copying and pasting so I'll have to keep it all under the covers until a majority of the work is finished.

There are quite a few design flaws with the TIV that do not compliment Turbocharging. My development is being done to illustrate these issues more clearly and also to aid in their cures.

Most of the work I'm doing now is with stock engines from my stash, as soon as I get some more data I'll be applying what we learn to create 2 more Turbo engine kits based on the entire arrangement.

Turbo is a different world- no doubt! I have one engine thats going to see 10 camshaft changes alone while being manipulated on the dyno with various boost to see what happens with drastically different, or slightly different cams, one of the cams only has a 2.5degree lobe center change compared to it's likeness.

Project 2081 will generate close to 400 HP at about 10 PSI boost and will be in the MassIVe 914 by September if all goes as planned!

--------------------
Jake Raby
Raby Enterprises inc.
Home of the 4th dimension and every part under the sun for the 914/4 engine!

Home of Kick ass Custom Turnkey MassIVe engines

Home of the DTM cooling system

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work" Edison

Damn i'm good
BJH biggrin.gif
brokenmoped
Oh... I guess that answers it. From what the description of this kit says it seems perfect for me. 150-160hp for approximately $5000 would be pretty reasonable.

Hurry Jake...horsepower is needed ASAP!!!
Brando
Holy shit, 400hp? That's 930 land...
Jake Raby
Lots going on... results already logged, more to come.

I'm not willing to talk about it till mid summer ....

Too many "Stromberg's" abound!

I have mucho work to do with this and don't want to share things until I have all the variables ironed out and have some solid facts based on data from multiple engines.

I don't plan on discussing the results on this forum, stay tuned to my forum to see the results when I'm ready to share things..
horizontally-opposed
400 hp?!?!? shocked[1].gif

Jake, have you gone off the deep end? biggrin.gif

On paper at least, 400 hp in a 2000-ish pound 914 should give 600 hp in a 3,000-ish pound Carrera GT a pretty hard time in a straight line so long as you could get the power down without frying the transmission. burnout.gif burnout.gif burnout.gif

I would love to see the C-GT owner's face if a NARP with primered doors and lids did this... Probably wouldn't work out that way, but man would it be funny.

pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.