Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
I have finished all the body work, but now want to cut, drill any holes necessary to relocate the fuel pump on the 73 before paint...

Where is everyone, anyone, locating the pump...Should I cut an access panel and locate it where the 75, 76 pumps are or is there an alternative...

2-OH!
SLITS
Why?

All you do is pressurize 30+ year old fuel lines running thru the passenger compartment unless you change the lines to steel/SS or ?
propricer
SLITS ... I'm a frogeye lover also. Bought a 60 in 61 and drove it for years ... had 3 or 4 more after that ... great, fun cars ... even for someone 6'2".
Do you still have one ... is the BRG one yours ???
SLITS
No, it was an image I found. I had four...parts, street, restoration project and racer. They all went away a long time ago (the resto went to..ugggh France) and I really wish I had another, but I'm not going to throw 10K at one...I already own to many teeners. biggrin.gif
lapuwali
Following up on SLIT's comment, the vapor lock issues seem to be very overblown, so mounting the fuel pump in the front isn't at all necessary.

There are lots of good places to put it in the engine bay, just make sure it's lower than the bottom of the fuel tank, and that you don't have the HE flapper box blowing hot air directly on it.

If you decide you want to mount it up front, anyway, the two places to put it are in the steering rack space, just in front of the passenger's feet (which is where GRM put theirs), or in the trunk just forward of that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.