Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Honey I have some bad news"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
Got a call yesterday from my wife. She had backed the Audi into the 914. When I arrived home I could see that the rear quarter panel was bashed into the wheel abd paint had blistered off the fender. Man its bad! My perfect car is no longer perfect.

Now I have to decide wheter to just fix or completely repaint. Any reccomendations on good body shops in the SF Bay Area or Santa Cruz area?

Ouch this is painful.
redshift
I'm sorry to hear that buddy, women seem to hate 914s lately.

M
tryan
welcome to the club. try to claim it on you homeowners. our local mb dealer has the best artisians to make and undetectable repair.

repeat after me......it's just a car. it's just a car. it's just a car................................
Dave_Darling
Yeaman in Palo Alto. He's 914 people.

Bodystyle in San Jose. The semi-official body shop of the local PCA.

--DD
Pnambic
Just as a heads-up. Think twice about turning it into the insurance co. Pretty much all across the country right now, insurance companies are struggling to keep their home owners lines profitable and there are reports all over the place of people being dropped after relatively small claims. I happen to work for one of those big insurance companies, so that's how I know. If you know your agent well and trust them, you could feel them out to see if your particular carrier has had a recent rash of non-renewals.

In the long run, avoiding the claim will save you if its at all possible.

Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.