Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: next newbie question....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
damn heater blows cold! ok, now that i have vented, where does one start to trouble shoot the heater? i live in maryland and it gets cold though i am garaging the car during the winter. but, absent chucking the whole heater box system and having an angry wife, where would the most logical place to start be? air is coming from the ducts. shall i check the connections to the exchangers? just a place to start, or maybe a sequence, or better yet, someone to come over for beer and bbq and show me!

cheers,

scott
Bleyseng
Send me a ticket and I come on over as I am still on vacation......
Get under the car and look at all the connections starting at the heat exchangers. Are the heat exchangers rusted out? Look at the end near the muffler to see if there is a big hole there too. Look at the connection of the duct work and fan is, all the parts installed?
The heater works off the air from the fan so all connections, parts, pieces, clamps, hoses need to be installed correctly to get decent heat. If the heat exchangers are rusted out buy SSI stainless heat exchanger they really work well.
Geoff
Gint
Get your manual out. First and foremost, you need to be sure you have the correct levers positioned properly. You need to make sure the heater lever cables are intact and functional to the heater boxes. You need to make certain all of the heater hoses are in place, in good shape (no holes) and securely clamped. Verify that your heater flapper boxes under the car are opening.
scottb
damn it! damn it! friggin heat exchangers are rusted out. soooooo.... guess it is time for one of those ssi things or something? now who do i call for that.....hmmmmmmm?
Curvie Roadlover
Hey scottb,
There's a place I heard of in Novato, CA that sells that stuff. I don't know how you'd get ahold of them though. I don't think they have a website. biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
A couple of sets went out... where you one of them ??

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.