Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no blowing in the car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lincoln
thumbs up to lagunero smile.gif

just got a manual he sent me- pretty cool thing to do by my standards- hell my old mopar aquaintances woulda never did that - makin a lot of sense from stuff now that i have something to actually look at .

anyways i cant seem to get the heater blower motor to blow at all, im getting a bit of heat from the heater lever off the motor, and its like a very faint heat is coming up to the windshield vents, not nuff to defog it tho .doesnt seem to be getting power to all the fuses on the fuse board ( gonna be updating that soon ) hooked wipers up to a diff fuse than normal to get them to work but when i try the fan it just starts the fuel pump going

any suggestions besides taking it to a shop which i cant afford at the moment?or tearing it down to a tub and completely restoring it heheh - i take pride in being able to keep the old cars on the road for life when possible and so far only 1 died- death by accident that i coulda drove away from if i coulda got the driveline back in the tranny

maybe find a small fan that will say plug in the lighter socket just to keep windows clear?
Rrrockhound
Greetings, fellow mopar guy.
Did you check and clean the fuses on the relay board in the engine compartment? Also, check the heater relay (the rearmost relay on the relay board). Try swapping in one of the headlamp relays and see if that works. Lotsa luck.
lincoln
yea heheh relay board has been bypassed severly in a few places but ill take a look at that - never know , could do the trick

now i have a solid wiring diagram to go by i can start to rebuild the harness and hopefully restore the relay board back to original configurations
rhodyguy
pull the heater lever on the floor all the way up(open). go under the car and ensure the 2 flapper vales are fully opening, and look at the 2 heating hoses that connect to the openings in the firewall and the valves. the floor lever provides the ground for the aux fan in the engine compartment. look for a little green wire inside the tunnel where the lever is and make sure it's attached. there is a fuse and a relay in the relay plate that provide the power for the fan, p.120 fig 9.21 in your new haynes. on the dash controls, it should read "max defrost: move upper levers left, lower lever right". with the floor lever raised, the valves fully opening, and the dash levers set as discribed, you should feel the air coming out of the defrost outlets on the dash top.

k
lincoln
manual is i think a diff one than your looking at - its a haynes repair manual and heater blower stuff is on pg 138 . will go try what ya suggested tho about the levers and see if that works- gettin dark outside tho so probly wait til tomorrow to try the relay stuff
jporsche914
Hook it up to a 12 volt source to see if the motor is still good. Mine shit out so i took the blower motor and the hoses off it still gets allright defrost just have to keep the revs a little higher and it looks bitchin without that ugly fan in the engine bay!
rhodyguy
damn bifocals. make that 128 (in mine, yrmv). even without the fan you should get a pretty good stream of hot air at 3000rpm. if you don't run a fan, make sure the j tubes are capped off good and tight.

k
lincoln
gonna have to wait for light to see it- not sure it has the flapper boxes or HEs tho- never really looked heheh will look on pg 128 also

hmmmm............. fan in the engine bay? i dont see one of those here- less its the one neath the engine tin thas runs with the alternator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.