Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is my car worth more in parts or as a whole?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9144guy
I have a 73 for sell in the class. it is a incomplete car, but is a roller,and i was wondering if my car was worth more in parts or as a whole? all parts are in execllent shape,door handles...rear wing..eng. is practily as new, trans has been gone through most parts have been beed blasted and painted and even multiples of stuff..brake calipers,ss.brake lines...it goes on ,i havent got around to getting more pics. but i will..what do you think? confused24.gif
brant
parting out is so much effort.
it might be worth more on paper in parts... but it probably pays you $.25/hour for your labour and some things could take 12 months to sell.

I wish I had some extra $ right now..
I'd buy it from you, and I'd tow over to OK from southeast colorado to get it even.

brant
9144guy
kinda what i was thinking,i hate shipping i wanna finish it but i need to help my mom out (dad just passed) with the bills,not a time thing,i just think it would help her. I work at a bosch, porsche service center,I have had the better of the parts that float through the shop, and we had 8 out back at one time and parted them and choped them up, do to the cancer
9144guy
lots more parts by now
9144guy
pv
9144guy
well i guess no one else has any input huh?
d914
been looking at the ad....more detail and more pics, To early for another project but i might be interested in some finish pieces...
9144guy
well i guess ill sell it as a whole, yes i took some pics ,there will be more in the class ad
racerx7
Always worth more in parts. Ask any junk yard:) I am just guessing, but I think
if you where to try make a new car going buying everything through the
parts counter at you local dealer it could cost 100X more than if you just
bought the car all put together and running.

Like the other person said, what is your time worth? How long do you want to sit on some parts?

I met a laid off X-It person who started doing this on the side. We was lucky to live in the sticks where his neighbors did not mind.

You have the right car to part out. There is a whole message board dedicated to it. I would not want to try and part datsun b210.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.